Update on Doc

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
They could not do the cath at the big hospital he transferred to so he ended up having a triple bypass. His doc says he is doing well. He will be hurting for a while. That type of surgery makes for a long healing period so he will likely be slowed up till it gets cold and snowy.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

We're all pulling for you, Doc. :)

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yup, thanks, Mountain Man!!

In time, he'll be as good as new. He'll just have to take things slow.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks for the update MM. Sure am glad to hear he made it through it all okay.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you, MountainMan!

Good to hear that Doc is being fixed, good and proper!

Lee

Ian M.

:):)

Couldn't stand to watch the morning news on tv, so turned on my computer to NCT - and the news is excellent! Doc came through a triple with room to spare! Keep up the good work, buddy! All prayers and positive thoughs going up for you from here. Fallon says, "No calisthenics!"

Ian and Fallon

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great News! I imagine his wife could use a great big hug about right now too. That is so stressful.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just hope that he does not have a relapse.

Like I did in '06!

No, I didn't need a bypass, but my heart was in palpitations at a rate of about 166! They had to work almost immediately to treat it, starting in the emergency room!

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys. Yep taking it slow for sure. Got most of the tubes out of me today. Been for my first walk. I was so so ready to walk after all the sitting. Boy was I ever shocked to see how much the short walk wore me out. Slow is the key.

Shermie

Site Supporter
You gotta take things slow, buddy.

You got no choice. If you try to do anything too strenuous or too quick, trust me, your heart is going to let you know in a big way!

I have to do the same thing. Of course, I was not operated on, but once you're diagnosed with heart failure, it is pretty much the same thing they tell you.

I truly wish that I could jog, but I can't any more! I'm reduced to walking very fast and that is all I can do. :sorry:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep shermmie. You are right on. No fun but that's the fact jack.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
DOC IS HOME!

Doc posted earlier on FF :mrgreen:

Home finally. they let me out yesterday I was doing so well. boy am I ever weak now though. Gonna be a slow road back but I'll get there. Now .....where are my keys. This place is a mess.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yay! Hi and welcome back, Doc!

And you, too, Stacey!!!

Lee

Ian M.

Welcome Home Doc. So good to see you up and around again. We all missed you a lot! Just remember to take time to stop and smell the roses when you begin to feel all in. Whatever needs doing will still be there tomorrow.

Ian and Fallon

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you are home but wasn't aware of the chest cracking which I know takes time to recover from. As others have said it, it takes time to heal so just give it the time necessary and don't push it. I know about feeling weak all the time but it too will pass as you heal and get stronger so just hang in there.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, they took a sawz all to my chest. a 15 inch line or so. Can't use my arms for anything as that will cause it to come off set. coughing hurts like heck, and I sit so much I have to cough a lot. slow is the key. I'll get back but it won't be quick. no rush. I have plenty of time.