Sophie's Sour Cream Dip

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I thought I had posted this recipe before, but couldn't find it when the subject of MSG came up (thanks for making me look, Peep!)

We made this dip all summer long at my Polish aunts' house, because they ALWAYS had fresh dill, parsley and chives in the garden.

I have to buy dill, since I never have luck growing it, but I always have plenty of the other two herbs in my garden.

I've named it after my grandmother because she would run her finger around the bottom of the bowl when most of the dip was gone, LOL!

I never measure the herbs, just use "a bunch". The MSG makes the dip, and I've never served it to anyone who doesn't love it!

Lee

Sophie's Sour Cream Dip

1/2 teas. MSG or Accent
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup real mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
2 T. chopped fresh chives
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
2 T. chopped fresh dill
sprinkling of grated lemon rind for the top

Serve with your favorite potato chips.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since I have so much parsley and so many chives, I decided to make a big batch of this over the 4th of July weekend. Had to buy dill again, since mine pooped out AGAIN.

Served with chips and Bugles, in my grandmother's favorite dip bowl. :heart:

Lee
Sophie's dip.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the report, LT - glad you folks enjoyed it!

It's even better after a day or two, IF there is any left over!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been making this and giving it to my father at our cocktail hour all summer long. Also served it to my best friend when she was up here visiting and she just emailed me for the recipe. It's a universal winner!

Lee

sophie's dip.JPG