"Hi Honey, I'm Home!"

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I think I'll take today off to recuperate from my fishing vacation to Tennessee. We ate, drank, fished, drank, fished, ate, fished, ate, drank... you get the point. By Sunday afternoon I was whipped! (not that kind, Vera :lol:). It was 70 degrees, a soft breeze, a full belly from lunch, so I decided it was time for a ...

IMGP0095-1.jpg

We started the trip with my good friends George & Jack....

P1010397.jpg

Had breakfasts like this...(that's SPAM with the country ham. Yummo!!!)

P1010410.jpg

Dinners with foods like this (no nice tablescapes due to too many adult beverages)...
Jamaican Jerk chicken

IMGP0076.jpg

Hand made Italian bread (no mixer in his double-wide). Yes, I took my peel with me in my luggage.
IMGP0078.jpg

Salad made in a soup pot. My friend is 70 years young, single, and doesn't have lots of kitchen stuff, so we improvised... a lot.
IMGP0088.jpg

Frying the chicken for chicken Parmesan...
IMGP0081.jpg

The chicken parm and spagheti was served from the cooking pots because we didn't have serving dishes. Hell, it was a bunch of fishermen and one wife, and she didn't care as long as she didn't have to cook he meal.:applause:
IMGP0174.jpg

All in all it was a lot of fun even in spite of the snow delay last Wednesday at Cleveland airport.

If any one cares to look at fishing pics, here are my slide shows on Photobucket:

Tullahoma Fish-In -1

Tullaohoma Fish-In -2

Tullahoma Fish-In -3

smoke king

Banned
Welcome back Joe-you were missed! Looks like you ate well, but I noticed there aren't any fish being cooked.........?

Calicolady

LOL! I noticed that too!
I liked the shot in slideshow #2 of the guys sitting outside, just hanging out.
Oh, and those biscuits at breakfast in the slide & pics.
Thanks for sharing Joe.
Looked like fun!

GrantsKat

Welcome back!!! It doesnt matter where you are as long as you have good friends, good food, and a fishing pole!!!! ; )
Love the pics!

heb1976

the river looks like mohican state parks, except deeper! glad you had a good time. i need one of those.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Dang, it all Joe. I want a getaway!!!! I need a getaway...I just can't have a getaway, now.

I am glad you have a wonderful time. The shot of you resting by the river is quite sweet.
Best always, Me

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Welcome back Joe-you were missed! Looks like you ate well, but I noticed there aren't any fish being cooked.........?

I was with a group of fly fishers, all of us who support catch & release and the use of single point, barbless hooks on our flies. For me, I personally don't care for the taste of trout, regardless is they are wild or hatchery fish. We did encounter a number of fishermen whose stringers were full of fish no more than 9-10" in length. That is legal in TN, but it prohibits the fish from growing to a length where they would provide a substantial meal for those who like to eat trout. Kind of short sighted, IMHO.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
the river looks like mohican state parks, except deeper! glad you had a good time. i need one of those.
Yes, the scenery is reminiscent of Mohican and the Clear Fork. Here are a couple of shots of me fishing the Clear Fork in Feb '07...

Joe022407-2.jpg

Joe022407-1.jpg

OFP0207-1.jpg

AllenOK

Looks like fun! I've never gotten into trout fishing. There's a small lake a few miles from me that gets stocked with trout in the winter. I just never got around to getting the city trout permit to go after them. I'm more of a catfish person myself. Hopefully this year I'll really tangle with some good kitties.