ECG - Again

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I couldn't convince any of you to come last year, but I'll try again. This year's ECG is scheduled for May 28 at my place near Allentown, PA. Sign-up info can be found HERE

ECG stands for East Coast Gathering and was started in another forum for kitchen knife enthusiasts. It's basically a big picnic where I supply all the food. Everyone is welcome to come, hang out, check out some very high end kitchen cutlery, and, if you want, play in my kitchen or with the WFO. I'll probably smoke two 20+ pound chuck roasts, bake bread, pizza and Lord knows what else.

Of SPECIAL note this year is that 4 custom knife makers have already promised to come, with a possible two more. One is brining a portable forge with him and is going to make two steak knives. Another is bringing his grinding machine and will demonstrate how to grind a knife. Tim Zowada (of razor fame) will also be there and has an open request for what anyone would like to see demonstrated :) This is going to be a VERY special ECG as we've never had such talent or any demonstrations.

There's no charges, no fees, and you're all invited. All I ask is that you sign up using the link above, and bring your own chairs with you. If you have something kitchen oriented that you're proud of, bring a table and display it.

Oh, and David, the Boardsmith, will be here as well and is planning a demo on maintaining your cutting boards (what to do after years of heavy use). He always comes up with a van load of his boards for sale, saving any interested parties shipping costs. You can also place a special order in advance, and he'll deliver it to you at the ECG.

I believe Dave Martell will be doing a knife sharpening demo and have some of his new knives with him. All of the knife makes should be bringing items for sale too. This is the ONLY place where you can compare such high quality cutlery.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I might be able to pull it off this year. Much of it depends on the outcome of some testing my wife will have in mid May. If I can send her North by air there is a possibility my auto route could become a circuitous one. :)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just saw your mom's apple cake recipe and the sour cream chocolate cake recipe and it reminded me of your ECG party which happened just a few weeks ago. Hoping you'll post pics of the fun you all had. Please!!!!! I look forward to those each year.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
lol, relieved, though u meant echocardiogram, my ditz mode is on again!