Oven baked barbeque sauce ribs

chowhound

Just had ribs at my father's house. I don't make it in there much, but he, my sister and her husband have these every Tuesday night, so I'd have to call it TNT, because I ate them and they were pretty darn good. I should have taken a pic (lol). Picture saucy looking ribs with just a little bone starting to show as the meat pulls back. Darkened original Sweet Baby Rays sauce on them.

So he puts a rub on them. That part is probably not important, just whatever you like. He uses my beer can chicken rub I told him about once; salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and a little worcestershire sauce to make it into a paste. I think that's the one I told him about (lol), but that's not saying he remembers exactly either...

But this is how he cooks them; rubbed and into a "no-stick sprayed" roaster pan without a lid for 1-1/2 hours, then pour the sauce on them, cover them and let them go for 30 more minutes. All at 350F. Two hours total, 350F, not covered at first, then cover them, which I gotta say sounds a little backwards to me, but they were awesome. No doubt about it. Perfect texture, just a little saucy... but it sticks to your fingers and face anyway, so it's all good. They're saucy, not drippy. :lol:

BTW, he gets the ribs at Sam's Club, so I couldn't tell you if they were true babybacks or St Louis Cut, but they were ethe smaller ones.
Good eats.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very easy recipe, chow.

I'm a 350 oven fan myself. Never tried another temp from the time I was 13 to about 35. LOL!

And if YOU, Mr. BBQ, liked them, that's good enough for me!

Thanks!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I used your dad's technique for our ribs today, Fred, and it is a winner! They came out tender and juicy and just delicious. The family raved. I was lucky to get these pics before they gobbled them down. Thank you and your dad for sharing this!
ribs1.jpg
ribs2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo! That tickles me to no end cuz you are a good cook! I made 2 more racks and they all came out great. Sadly, I neglected to spray the pans with Pam so I will be scrubbing for quite a while this evening.

chowhound

Nice! I'll tell him someone tried his recipe next time I talk to him. He'll get a kick out of it. I could tear into those right now for sure, but for some strange reason I felt like cooking wings tonight... Not anymore though (lol).

homecook

WooHoo! That tickles me to no end cuz you are a good cook! I made 2 more racks and they all came out great. Sadly, I neglected to spray the pans with Pam so I will be scrubbing for quite a while this evening.

Terry, don't sell yourself short.......you can cook too!!!

Would using that no-stick foil work, ya think? I think I may use that.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I've always cooked. I'm just sooo happy when it doesn't taste like crap!

Your ribs look yummy. I'm bookmarking this unusual technique because obviously it works.

and they laughed at me for my reverse seared rib eyes...... that'll teach em'

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

looks very good...and regualar foil laid down will prevent any scrubbing..

and chow if the rib bones had an arch to them then they were babybacks, st louis is just trimmed spares and the bones will be flat

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I used your dad's technique for our ribs today, Fred, and it is a winner! They came out tender and juicy and just delicious. The family raved. I was lucky to get these pics before they gobbled them down. Thank you and your dad for sharing this!

Those look very good, FM. I'll be trying this soon. Thanks for the recipe, Chowhound.