What's Cooking Sun.8/10 to Sat. 8/16 2014

Embryodad

Not a whole heck of a lot going on food wise today!

I made Philly Cheese steaks for Tina and her Uncle.
Tina cooked a huge monster pot of spaghetti sauce for tomorrow.
Her brother may stop by, and so are the kids.
Can't beat sauce made with pork neck bones and veal and pork cubes.

I had nothing to eat large. Tummy is turned upside down today.
I'm drinking water to help heal it. I may have dehydrated today working on the stupid car....it was only 81, but it was humid.
Cooler the rest of the week. Hard to believe that September is just a couple weeks away. Huh!....

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Made smoked sausage with corn on the cob and cantaloupe for a desert. I hear you on the temps Jimmy. Today is to be "tropical" and another 2" of rain for tomorrow.:ohmy:

Embryodad

Cheese fondue here last night.
Fon Doo?? hahahaha .... My dad being Italian, you can imagine what he called it!! LOL

I remember when they became popular in the 60's.
We had the fondue pot, and company would come over, and there was Jimmy...watching that no one tries to double dip.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had my regular salmon over saffron rice last night. I would like to make shrimp and grits tonight, but I'm not sure yet.

Embryodad

Supper? Really?

Uncle Gabe had a Chicken breast ( I couldn't look ) patty in a cream sauce.....frozen food. Carrots and sweet tater tots. :yuk:

Tina had a meatloaf dinner from a diner in PA.
She brought me back two cheeseburgers with chili sauce and onions. I only ate one.
Then....a krispy kreme Boston cream doughnut, and then a glazed one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a chili dog last night. The plan is to make Mandy's chicken chili tonight.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Had chili dogs all the way (raw chopped onion, shredded cheddar, spicy brown mustard and very spicy chili w/ beans) and Caesar salad w/ homemade dressing.

Embryodad

Had chili dogs all the way (raw chopped onion, shredded cheddar, spicy brown mustard and very spicy chili w/ beans) and Caesar salad w/ homemade dressing.
Sounds Good peeps.

We are in the ???? mood what's for supper??
I will make myself a couple hot dogs. No Chili Sauce though.
as a matter of fact, Tina brought me two chili cheese burgers from PA yesterday.
I scoffed them down last night though. Lucky if there was a Tbs. of chili on them though.
I usually like at least 1/4 cup on mine. Love when it squeezes out the sides, and I could use my fingers (or a fork if Tina is watching) to pick up the spillage.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Picked up thin crust pizza from The Lido Restaurant. Replay of Caesar salad on the side.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I grilled some smoked hot dogs from the butcher shop while she made beans. Cantaloupe for desert. Tonight will be leftover chicken corn soup.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight was 5” Mini Chicken Pot Pie

081414_mini_chicken_pot_pie_P1090904.jpg

5” Mini Apple Pie

081414_mini_apple_pie_P1090901.jpg

First run of both. Family requested repeat tomorrow night with the addition of a side salad.

Embryodad

Had tacos for supper. glue meat and package seasoning that came with the kit.

Filling but that was it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Supper tonight.

Honey Buffalo Wings in a luscious thick killer sauce with broccoli & rice!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Supper? Really?

Uncle Gabe had a Chicken breast ( I couldn't look ) patty in a cream sauce.....frozen food. Carrots and sweet tater tots. :yuk:

Tina had a meatloaf dinner from a diner in PA.
She brought me back two cheeseburgers with chili sauce and onions. I only ate one.
Then....a krispy kreme Boston cream doughnut, and then a glazed one.

i think i know where she got 'em.-- (burgers).

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wings look great, Shermie! That sauce DOES look killer!

Peep, did you make or buy the pies? If storebought, what brand?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Some really good looking food in here :clap:

Jimmy, I'm not even going to ask what "glue meat" is :ohmy:.

More chicken chili tonight...love that stuff.

Embryodad

i think i know where she got 'em.-- (burgers).
"Glider Diner"....Scranton,PA

Was our after drinking / date, pit stop.
My Hangover cure was first, a tall glass of milk with ice cubes. Then Two Chili Cheese Burgers, and a slice of Coconut Custard Pie.

Played the booth machine... tunes on the Whirlitzer Juke Box..... then drove home ( half "S" faced) and hit the bed, or the porch on a carpet if I couldn't make it up the steps. Great Times. Wisht I could go back in time.

We would get a kick out of the cook at the grill. He was completely bald, and he painted his head with black shoe polish, and painted side burns. As he sweat, the black drips would drip on his face. Weird.... Really weird..

Embryodad

Some really good looking food in here :clap:

Jimmy, I'm not even going to ask what "glue meat" is :ohmy:.

More chicken chili tonight...love that stuff.
Glue meat was what happened when the Ortega packet of seasoning mix was added to the browned chopped meat. Like that Hamburger helper. Don't let it cool, cause it turns to glue.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my pal called to see if i'd have pasta that he made w/ him. i said, 'yeah, 'cept we hafta have booze.' he obliged. time to swoop my hair into a fashion & slap liptint on. soon. he'll be here soon.