Has anyone gotten sick this winter?

Lefty

Yank
I have had some coughing fits, colds and even a flu once this winter. I just finished my 1st 40 hour work week in a month. I know travel takes a toll on you, but I can't remember a winter where so many people were sick so often.

Salud (Spanish for health)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
DW works in an elementary school - which I refer to as "The Germ Factory"

typically she gets a mild case of something, brings it home and I get nailed to the ceiling with it, but this year I've escaped with only one case of minor sniffles.

I'll take it!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sharing air on a long plane ride is as bad as having toddlers in day care who bring home all kinds of germs. Wife and I both got hit with the cough from H that would not go away. We think we got it from our grandkids, might have been from work, never know for sure. Overall it's been a good season. A couple years ago I got the flu ...been getting a flu shot ever since. Not sure if it helps but I feel safer.

Leni

My doc doesn't let me get away without having that shot. I'm considered high risk because I have asthma. It's not bad but I have lost some lung capacity.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't think the flu found it's way to sunny southern California. Hmmmmm

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Both my wife and I have been having coughing fits, with flu symptoms for 3 weeks now since she agreed to baby sit the great grand kids for a few weeks till they could arrange new day care. In my case it has been doubly hard to existing prior lung problems.

Leni

Three things that have really helped me stay well.

1. No kids in school.

2. Not around employees that come to work sick.

3. Stay away from big crowds.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got ill a few times. once was a stomach bug. the other is getting better, & was/is a sinus infection that means morning congestion, boxes of tissue, & many fevers.
got a flu shot, tho got ill, anyhow.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I haven't. I had a dr's appt for a regular check-up during the time that the flu was rampant around here. I postponed it. I couldn't stand the thought of sitting in the waiting room breathing in all those nasty little germs. In about 3 weeks it'll be allergy season around here....ugh.

Bells

Not sick once and we had it all around us. I'm not sure if we just got lucky or it's our strong immune systems. I haven't even had a cold for 5, maybe 6 years.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I too haven't been sick due to flu, colds etc not for over 30 years however this year both my wife and I got talked in to getting flu shots for the first time. With my school age great grandchildren coming to stay with us a couple of days a week is all it took. The funny thing is we deal with the general public all day long 6 days a week and have never gotten sick either. I've convinced school age children are the cause of most common illness as they bring it home from school. I will also never get another flu shot again either.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We've both had our flu shots. DH also had his pneumonia shot. We've been blessed, nothing more than allergies here.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
A nasty sore throat and cough that lasted a month over the holidays, then back again in late January! We have grandkids, I blame them, but sticking with them anyway. Had the flu shot...