See these little Chinese dumplings?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

They are smaller than pierogis, about the size of the oval you make when you put the tips of your index finger and your thumb together (oh, be quiet! I'm spatially-challenged!).

Anyway, I get them frozen at my local Asian supermarket. I currently have pork with mushrooms, and chicken with leeks. I've been adding them to Hot and Sour Soup, along with some shredded Chinese cabbage, and that's great, but I'm looking for other ideas.

Got any? TIA!

Lee

P.S. I love that I can title my thread that way! :biggrin:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
chinese dumplings/pot stickers are awesome... we boil them or steam them then pan fry them a bit...serve with dumpling sauce

Dipping sauce:
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar (the W sauce for subtitite + some vingegar)
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• Pinch of white pepper
• Chinese hot pepper sauce (optional)
garnish with some green onion tops

deepfried
chinese-fried-wantan-02.jpg

They are smaller than pierogis, about the size of the oval you make when you put the tips of your index finger and your thumb together (oh, be quiet! I'm spatially-challenged!).

Anyway, I get them frozen at my local Asian supermarket. I currently have pork with mushrooms, and chicken with leeks. I've been adding them to Hot and Sour Soup, along with some shredded Chinese cabbage, and that's great, but I'm looking for other ideas.

Got any? TIA!

Lee

P.S. I love that I can title my thread that way! :biggrin:

Calicolady

You could certainly alter the ingredients of my posted potsticker recipe posted here:
subscribed.gif
Pork Pot Stickers w/Dipping Sauce .

If you put in soup though, I suggest you do all the soup making first and add dumplings/stickers in at the last say 7-8 minutes.
They are delicate and don't need much cooking except to cook the inside.

Deelady

Want a not so good for the waistline option....? How about defrosting some, battering it like you would fried chicken then deep frying them. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.

I had a similar thing at the Cheese Cake Factory last week.....Very Yummy!

buckytom

Grill Master
you can add them to clear chinese soup with some scallions for wonton soup.

or after boiling/steaming, add to a stir fry of halved baby bok choy, scallions, carrots, bamboo shoots, baby corn, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and hoisin or lemongrass sauce. they replace the meat you would normally add.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Deep fried looks sinful! We love em steamed and pan fried with dipping sauce, or in a nice stir fry too.