couoscous

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I'm sure I've had this somewhere along the line . . . picked up some pearled/Israeli type.
never go shopping when you haven't cooked for a day . . . .

any favorite dishes / preps ?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I halfway like it cooked like a pilaf with other stuff in it, maybe some sauteed onion (pearl onions?), carrots, peas. Just plain, it's downright dull and bland to me, not one of my favorite foods.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
your keyboard must have developed an itch (g) - I'm on now looking up "How to cook...."

tonight is flat iron + home fries + asparagus
I'm going to save the asparagus trimmings for couscous jousce . . . for tomorrow....
and I've even got a jar of pearl onions that's been looking for a home!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We've made this many times, although using the other type of couscous, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Israeli type. We do usually add more dressing. And, when we have leftover Cuban pork or pork cooked in a SW or Mexican fashion, we chop that up, mix it in, and serve as a main dish with a side salad of avocado and thin sliced red onions with a lime juice viniagrette. Recipe came from an old Bon Appetite or Epicurious.

2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup fresh corn (cut from about 2 ears)
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
11/4 cups water
2/3 cup couscous
2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs, washed well, spun dry, and chopped fine
cayenne to taste

PreparationIn a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté corn, stirring, until golden. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, and 1/4 cup water and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender.

While vegetables are cooking, in a small heavy saucepan bring remaining cup water to a boil and stir in couscous and salt to taste. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let couscous stand 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.

In a bowl whisk together vinegar, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt to taste until emulsified. Add vegetable mixture, couscous, cilantro, and cayenne and toss to combine well.

paradigmus

I also like couscous and other traditional foreign food (it is very nice). Guys, I think is very important from what plates you eat. I have read an article about that and a lot of experts/scientists are thinking that plates may influence the wish of eat with 5-20 %. I have recently found Best Dishes Review 2020, it is a nice site with different reviews and guides on different subjects. In general there are a lot of things that influence your appetite and the smell is also very important.