What's cooking NCT? 03.28-31,04.01,02.2016

Johnny West

I got some pre-made burgers out of the freezer and will do them over the coals with some alder and mesquite for smoke. I'll have to make a run to T-Boy's for buns, onions, and tomatoes.

Embryodad

I'm done cooking for a few days...
Tina wanted baked Ziti... She threw a pan together, and we ate. 2/3's of it went next door.
They have two boys 19 and 21 who can eat like there is no tomorrow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
me & my Mom went to dinner on monday, & she & i both got hangar steak, pomme frites, & i got tuna tartare as an appy, whereas, she got a salad.
we drank a few (gimlet/then a draft 4 me; my Mom got a rose vino--
crème brulee 4 dessert; we went halfsies on that-- we were both too full to have a dessert to ourselves.
tonite-- extras-- may fry slivers of ham & snack on items that i got via 'iggle & Easter, as well. pix to follow if my PC is not being a bitch~

Johnny West

I was remiss in not sharing last night's dinner at El Toro. All the talk of Lilly moving to Mexico had me hungry for Mexican food. I had the carne asada (skirt steak) with a tamale on the side. The margarita's looked good but I had Corona.

FullSizeRender_45.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Embryodad

Last night, I wrestled with the ham on the counter, with my little paring knife, and all while Tina sat across me. Then it became a piece for her, and then two pieces for me.
My hands were all greasy, and the ham was getting less and less.

There it sat, with the pile of grizzle and fat aside. Then it happened!!!
The garsh darn ham, slid from my hand, and like a hockey puck, it slid, right the heck off the counter, and on the floor. Our jaws dropped!

Bull rap I said, and with that, I washed that ham in the sink. Tina laughed, and said." it looked like I was washing a baby in the sink!" LOL
I said,"I am washing may baby!" "My Baby Ham!" .........

But tonight, we had "Susan's Meat Balls" .... scalloped potatoes ( Boxed ) and green beans. I still have a visions of chipped ham baked in the oven, in butter and fresh cracked black pepper till crisp, and then layered on light toasted bread. A few beers to wash it down, and Yum! (*Burp*) .........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made egg fried rice with lots of sliced green onion.
All the while it was storming and wailing outside.

Moxie

Seafood gumbo! It had lots of shrimp, crab, andouille sausage, and okra. I made the roux nice and dark so the gumbo was very rich.

The pot was so big, ill freeze the rest in smaller containers for a quick supper after work.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night, I wrestled with the ham on the counter, with my little paring knife, and all while Tina sat across me. Then it became a piece for her, and then two pieces for me.
My hands were all greasy, and the ham was getting less and less.

There it sat, with the pile of grizzle and fat aside. Then it happened!!!
The garsh darn ham, slid from my hand, and like a hockey puck, it slid, right the heck off the counter, and on the floor. Our jaws dropped!

Bull rap I said, and with that, I washed that ham in the sink. Tina laughed, and said." it looked like I was washing a baby in the sink!" LOL
I said,"I am washing may baby!" "My Baby Ham!" .........

LOL, good story, Jimmy!

Many women wouldn't allow their men to do that at all, never mind join them in the slicing and eating!

Lee

K

Kimchee

Ribs and Coyote Howls!

Attachments

• RibsCoyoteHowls.jpg
    RibsCoyoteHowls.jpg
    889.5 KB · Views: 185

Embryodad

The last of the leftovers from Easter Dinner. Ham included.
Last night, the kids stopped over before food shopping, and we had spaghetti, and meatballs with a meat sauce. I must say, it was great.

Embryodad

The kids and Mommy Tina went to the hair salon and they called me to let me know, they were coming to eat all the leftovers from Easter.
Mommy Tina and DIL heated up all the stuff. What wasn't eaten, went right outside to feed the animals. Already, it's all cleaned up. 20 Turkey buzzards did a great job.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Kimchee - what a luscious - looking photo THAT is!

Peep, I'm thinking that Coyote Howls are like Atomic Buffalo Turds - jalapenos stuffed with some sort of cheese, but instead of being wrapped in bacon, those look to be wrapped in sausage.

Yee-UM!

Lee

K

Kimchee

Yeah, technically those aren't Coyote Howls. Just ABTs with sausage instead of burger.
A true Coyote Howl has jalapeno macaroni and cheese in a pickled jalapeno, covered in Hot Italian Sausage, wrapped in bacon and glazed with a habanero infused BBQ sauce.
It's a Rooster Howl if you use boneless chicken instead of sausage.

Johnny West

I'm on my own tonight so rather than go out by myself I put three frozen pork steaks in the dutch oven with a bottle of BullsEye Guinness BBQ sauce and set the temp to 300 and will let it simmer till falling apart; I hope. I'll make myself a tinned potato, too.