my naan is none

Haley

Any tips for making naan. I made my first attempt last night, but failed horribly. The dough was very sticky.... I can't figure out where I went wrong. Advice?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! Glad you found us.

My only experience with naan is with eating it. :yum:

We have a page of links to cooking resources and this is on the allrecipes site.

Jim

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Hmmmmmm.......

Naan resembles pita bread and, like pita bread, is usually leavened with yeast; unleavened dough (similar to that used for roti) is also used. Naan is cooked in a tandoor, or clay oven, from which tandoori cooking takes its name. This distinguishes it from roti which is usually cooked on a flat or slightly concave iron griddle called a tava. Modern recipes sometimes substitute baking powder for the yeast. Milk or yoghurt may also be used to give greater volume and thickness to the naan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naan

Jusa

I made naan for the first time a few months back and it turned out pretty great. I made it a few more times and it came out equally good each time.

This is the recipe I used:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made naan for the first time a few months back and it turned out pretty great. I made it a few more times and it came out equally good each time.

This is the recipe I used:

Jusa, welcome to NCT! Your first posts have been great, and I'm inspired to try making naan!

When you can, please tell us a bit about yourself and what you love to cook.

Lee