ISO something to do with some snapper fillets

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I love to just season and pan fry them in a HOT pan till they get a little crust on the outside, but about 120 ish on the inside. Serve with just a little melted butter and some lemon. If you feel formal, make a beurre blanc. Toast some sliced almonds and throw on top... If they're nice and thick, create a pocket and stuff with crabmeat or some other filling.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a recipe I use for steaming with ginger. This day in particular I used mangrove snapper but normal I steam red snapper. Mangrove and mutton snapper are usually fried in browned butter (beurre noisette) with panko or potato flakes.

buckytom

Grill Master
andy, 5 words: huachinango al mojo de ajo!

it's a mexican classic. sort of the fishy version of chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. it's usually done with whole snapper, but filets will work.

you'll need 2 heads of garlic, a sweet onion, a fresh plum tomato, butter, evoo, s&p, fresh and dried chiles (serranos, poblanos, jalapenos, any kind you like), and fresh cilantro.

puree 1 head of garlic and the onion with about 1/4 cup of evoo. set aside.

score the skin on the snapper filets and season them with s&p. roughly chop the cloves from the remaining head of garlic and dice the fresh chiles. dice the tomatoes.

melt a tbsp or two of butter and just a little evoo in a skillet over medium heat. add garlic and chiles. stir for a minute then add snapper. fry on both sides until just cooked through. add some diced tomato just as it finishes.

in a seperate pan over medium high heat, fry the garlic/onion puree until toasty. add a good tbsp or two of dried chiles.

plate the filets, top with cooked chiles and tomato, then pour puree sauce over top. garnish generously with chopped fresh parsley.

now, if you want to get fancy, you can make it a la vercruzana and add some capers, olives, tomato paste, and herbs like oregano and bay.

or, you could add a little cream to the puree sauce, and even some queso blanco for a creamy cheesey garlic sauce.

hth. :thumb:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I didn't make the snapper yet. I have 6 filets. I need tow for each meal.

I am going to do the easy two (Uncondrum and Buzz's for weekday meals. The fish tacos on a weekend. I might use a different fish for that, as they are small fillets. I think the last pair will be the steamed with lime an ginger. Then off for more snapper and Bucky's on a weekend.

I have discovered a really good fresh fish market really near me. Thye have way more kinds of fish that I can figure out what to do with. I plan to learn a lot more about fish.

I just got a whole king salmon this weekend.