Peep's Cranberry/Tangerine Relish (Uncooked)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep's Cranberry/Tangerine Relish (Uncooked)

1 bag fresh cranberries
2 Tangerines and/or oranges - washed good - cut small rind included (do not peel), remove seeds
Pecans - to taste
1 cup sugar and/or honey - to taste

Put all ingredients except sugar in food processor and pulse till you have medium chunks (not to small).
Put in container and add sugar.
Let sit in refrigerator 1 or 2 days before using to allow flavors to meld.

This is an uncooked relish.

Serve with poultry or pork.

cranberry_tangerine_relish_P1060817.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Re: Cranberry/Tangerine Relish (Uncooked)

I think that will work for me :chef:
cool!! please let me know what you think of it. i love this stuff!! i am looking forward to reviews and creteeks (sp plz).

ok ok i should include a disclaimer here: THIS RECIPE DELIVERS A MEGA DOSE OF FIBER!!

nuff said? LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter

This arouses my curiosity. I can't imagine using the rinds of two oranges or two tangerines. I guess the honey/sugar cuts the bitter taste from the peel?????? Tell me more :poke:please.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

This arouses my curiosity. I can't imagine using the rinds of two oranges or two tangerines. I guess the honey/sugar cuts the bitter taste from the peel?????? Tell me more :poke:please.
it is sweet and tart!! i love it!! add as much sugar/honey to get the rite sweet tart you like. sorta like homemade from scratch (catch the wild lemons LOL) lemon meringue pie (only no lemon pith in the pie (lemon pith sounds funny!!)). but as i said the peel, cranberries and nuts uncooked give you a fiber wallup!! i always use tangerines never oranges (i just like the flavor better and the only oranges i like are valencia which are hard to find around here. i don't like pregnant/dried up navel oranges!!).

please stop ..... anyone got a pair of tweezers? i have splinters in my ear!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter

it is sweet and tart!! i love it!! add as much sugar/honey to get the rite sweet tart you like. sorta like homemade from scratch (catch the wild lemons LOL) lemon meringue pie (only no lemon pith in the pie (lemon pith sounds funny!!)). but as i said the peel, cranberries and nuts uncooked give you a fiber wallup!! i always use tangerines never oranges (i just like the flavor better and the only oranges i like are valencia which are hard to find around here. i don't like pregnant/dried up navel oranges!!).

Hmmm, well I've had tangerine peel in tangerine beef (love that stuff) just never had it like this. I'm always willing to try something new. Thanks for the recipe. :kiss:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Hmmm, well I've had tangerine peel in tangerine beef (love that stuff) just never had it like this. I'm always willing to try something new. Thanks for the recipe. :kiss:
you're welcome sweetie!! i am looking forward to your review. warning again it can be addictive if you like sweet/tart. i eat it as my dessert after the meal.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Lol--I'm sooooo slooow! I just "got" the ear splinters thing :yum:.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Lol--I'm sooooo slooow! I just "got" the ear splinters thing :yum:.
it was a time joke .............. laugh when ya got the time or the time it hits ya!! TEEHEE

Last edited: