Trying to make a cherry sauce

suziquzie

heres my recipe

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1727346

I have everything but orange marmelade. I'm not feeling like going to the store for 1 thing again this week, I've spent $70 already this week going for a cucumber and a loaf of bread...

I found a bunch of other recipes that use dried cherries.... or preserves, or red wine.... dont have those either.

Got any ideas? I have fresh cherries...... I thought maybe honey and orange rind in place of the marmelade?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
There's not much marmalade in that recipe (2Tbsp), so I'd use the honey and orange rind as you suggested. Or make a simple syrup from 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar & the orange rind. Then use as much of that as you need to get the consistency of your sauce to your liking.

chowhound

A quick Google tuned up; reduced orange juice, apricot preserves and...... orange zest. Apparently the trick is to get the intense flavor without changing the consistency of the sauce. So I'd say you hit the nail on the head. The honey sure couldn't hurt with the orange, but I don't know about cherries and honey.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Make the simple syrup as Keltin suggested and I would also reduce the orange juice down adding it with the simple syrup, rinds and the cherries. It would make a nice cherry sauce and the reduced orange kick it up a bit.