What are you doing today?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
gonna see if my dear BF has a shift tonite; she often offers to & takes me to work w/ her, as she tends to get into that 'sigh' mode that we all hit--
she didn't answer~~ so, i'll call my Mom-- wait, my bartender-friend is dialing me-- 'kay she's goona visit me-- God Bless those that we luv she is gonna visit me; awwwww-----

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
DIL has the stomach flu, so I'll be nurse and Nana in charge today.
This means I'll be cooking this that and the other... and trying to keep it quiet.
With two toddlers.:biggrin:

Johnny West

We got 4 inches of snow, or so, last night and school was cancelled for today. It may not sound like a lot but the hills are a bit much for the bus routes in this area. I was supposed to sub the autistic class today.

Tonight will be breakfast for supper.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's raining again...sigh..
For a week now I'd wanted to walk across the road to the state park and take some pics of the dam on the Maumee and the eagles nest.
There is flooding around too.
I'm going to do the grocery shopping alone today
Ali is feeling a little better.
The girls are still sleeping, or just being quiet in their rooms.
Got the coffee and waking up before the activity begins lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i spoke to my Mom; she went on vacation; then i spoke to my meower 'bout 'why we don't poop on my floor, babs', as she once again took to staring @ me, purring-- u cannot easily bitch @ them as they purr @ you-- sigh-- you 'jus give in!!!!! they won & u didn't & that is that--

then i got my Lysol wipes to un-poop my floor-- sigh, my cat, i swear, i have nary a say~~ she rules & i listen-- anyone that has a pet may well know--

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
DIL has the stomach flu, so I'll be nurse and Nana in charge today.
This means I'll be cooking this that and the other... and trying to keep it quiet.
With two toddlers.:biggrin:

i just got over a bout of that, so i hear you lollie-- how i got to luv pseudo-jello & 26 channels of television; by God's Grace, we got Golden Girls, tho~~
may she get well soon, you Nurse Nana, you~~

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
i just got over a bout of that, so i hear you lollie-- how i got to luv pseudo-jello & 26 channels of television; by God's Grace, we got Golden Girls, tho~~
may she get well soon, you Nurse Nana, you~~

:):heart:

She's much better, thanks.

By the way Aubrey, my eldest son is in the 'burgh this weekend.

Here he is at Penn Brewery lol

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1519525409117.jpg
    FB_IMG_1519525409117.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 188

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Spoke too soon concerning Ali.
She's been admitted to the hospital had a scan which showed nothing ( I was thinking gall bladder this morning)..my son and I are getting the house in order... laundry, dishes..

Not sure what the heck is going on yet.
My grandies are napping.. not sure what they are going to think when mommy doesn't come
home today... but! I got this.
:thumb::bb:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
DIL will be released tomorrow morning.
Bad tummy bug of some kind, dehydration..low levels.
She had some face time with the girls and thought she was going to try and get released tonight.
Not! Lol

Johnny West

I subbed three days in a row at the junior high - today had the autistic kids. They were a joy to work with and hard to explain. I am beat.

We are back on the Whole 30 program for a month but took a break of sorts yesterday. I had risotto and wine with my dinner. I miss the beer and :margarita:.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm getting a new 'puter chair-- my hair & brows need to be done & we hafta wait to choose my new stylist- sigh-- meh-- dammit; i rock @ hair; i may well trim my tresses by myself~ i cut my best guy-pal's, & gals luv him & that cut--

there's those things that we have got-- i know how to make hair look as that hair ought look; cosmetics;-- i'm a champ; showing a guy how to choose items-- got that

putting 2 socks together, i suck; changing bulbs-- i so suck-- & let's not get into making shopping lists & choosing where to dine-- on his chosen budget~~

Last edited:

Johnny West

I'm getting a lot of sub work and will teach SPED English this afternoon. Second semester sees more subbing and better get as many days as I can as I don't see me doing this many more years. I was going to quit after this year but may do it one more year. I dunno?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm getting a lot of sub work and will teach SPED English this afternoon. Second semester sees more subbing and better get as many days as I can as I don't see me doing this many more years. I was going to quit after this year but may do it one more year. I dunno?
As long as the teaching brings you the joy that I know it does, I'd keep doing it.

I'll be going back to work later in the spring or early summer.
This time off is just what I needed.
There are so many places for nursing jobs here.
I've got my apps on file in two places.
The one is where I used to work many years ago. I am in contact with the director.. she told me whenever I am ready.
How cool would that be?

Anyway, not too much going on today.
Canadian geese were my alarm this morning..carrying on like crazy on the pond lol
Ty may be going on a tow trip to Louisiana within the next couple of days.

Ali, the kids and I are hanging out in the living room watching PBS...contemplating if we want to drive into town today for anything.

Saliha

As part of my studying, I am now in the trainee job in the gindergarten, with kids between 3 to 5 years. One week over, still 4 weeks to go. Not bad, quite hard, playing all the day but one thing I am still wondering: why an earth they all have to yell so much all the time????

:doh: My poor ears.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's kids for ya Saliha.

Enjoy your training and good luck!

Not much planned today really.
Sometimes Ali thinks of a reason to go into town.
My son isn't going to Louisiana.
We're happy. When he was gone last year after the hurricane I was running here every weekend off to be with them.
Big Noah is going instead.
Both the wreckers name and the driver lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
nothing-- phone calls & dinner-- it's so later thsn i tought-- i believe i went into a seizure tho-
said a final flush to my new phish-- she didn't fare well--

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last weekend I was on a roll and got most of my stuff done...cleaned house, cleaned the car inside and out, did laundry, vacuumed sealed some stuff, and did some yard work.

After all that I watched Apollo 13. I know exactly what's going to happen, but when Tom Hanks says, "Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure flying with you," the tears start. Big crocodile tears flow when the parachutes open. That's one of the greatest movies ever.

Taking it easy today.

I finally figured out how to make a playlist with Amazon music. I made one with my country fav's, one with my rock fav's, and a sleep playlist. Sometimes I just need some music to settle my mind so I can sleep. I'm liking Amazon prime music much better. I guess you've just got to learn how to use it to its full potential. I need a Guide for Dummies :).

Johnny West

Yesterday I got the yard mowed, pulled out the old rosemary plant and planted two new ones. It will be a few years before they can produce anything. I cleaned up some old driftwood we had and put new dirt around the rhubarb. When it was all done we did about 3 hours in the yard. She weeded the edge of the lawn and big flower bed and then put down weed and feed. I cleaned the hot tub filters, too, a PITA.

I fixed dinner (my famous pork chop casserole), had a few Oly's - then opened two good bottles of wine. We watched a Brit series called Case Histories with Jason Issacs - very good.

Today am going to hospital for meds, shop commissary, then have granddaughter for the afternoon/even. :clap:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Busy morning and going to be an even busier afternoon.
I was outside a while ago and spied an eagle across the road.
Snap!
I love them ?

Attachments

• 20180401_094534-614x614.jpg
    20180401_094534-614x614.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180401_095145-246x437.jpg
    20180401_095145-246x437.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 111

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Fine weather for walking today.
We're grilling as far as I know.
Got dropped a hospice patient since she chose to go to a facility.
I'll see Victor this evening.
He's a dandy! Lol
Tomorrow I'll speak to the RN at the office and pick up another patient to do that which I do best - love, care and comfort.
:heart:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice out there!

Attachments

• 20180429_145521-614x614.jpg
    20180429_145521-614x614.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180429_150815-614x614.jpg
    20180429_150815-614x614.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20180429_145401-614x614.jpg
    20180429_145401-614x614.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20180429_145341-614x614.jpg
    20180429_145341-614x614.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 95

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Working on the old flower bed too next to the sleeping porch.

Not sure if the planters should be kept or not.
They're still really sturdy but could use a coat of paint.

Attachments

• 20180429_171639-614x614.jpg
    20180429_171639-614x614.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20180429_171909-614x516.jpg
    20180429_171909-614x516.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 89

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
..and the progress..
Still needs some ground work.
Now the question: to put 3 flowering shrubs there or as DIL wants to do, a bunch of wildflowers?
The planters are going to have geraniums.
The veg garden is next.

I'll be seeing Victor this evening and go to the office to see about another client.
Gonna be another gorgeous day.

Attachments

• 20180429_204100.jpg
    20180429_204100.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 155

Johnny West

I'm sitting Amelia today - after I take her back to her folks, I may make a fire and drinks few beers, maybe some wine.

Happy Walpurgis!!!

Attachments

• ###Walpurgis.jpg
    ###Walpurgis.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 150

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It's beautiful out there....... no more excuses for ignoring that list on the side of the refrigerator......:whistle:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I just got back from getting kitty food and going to a Mediterranean market, where I picked up some fenugreek, green cardamom pods (wow are they expensive), sumac, and pomegranate molasses. I won a contest and picked a Persian cookbook as my prize and we're making 1 of the dishes from it this week. They were pulling freshly baked pita breads out of the oven while I was there making the place smell wonderful.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see pomegranate molasses referred to everywhere I look these days!

Lee