Four colored peppers and some sausages

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have one green poblano, one orange, one red and one yellow pepper.

I have 6 links of sweet Italian sausage. And mushrooms.

What should I do with them tomorrow?

Lee

Attachments

• Sausages and peppers.JPG
    Sausages and peppers.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,184

chilefarmer

Just bought the same pack of sweet peppers yesterday. Mine went into a really nice dish of crawfish Etouffee. Your ingredients could be the start of a great gumbo. Or maybe just a simple sausage stir fry. CF

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Save the mushrooms for roasted potatoes and mushrooms, home fries, an omelet or a side salad.

Sausage, peppers and onions (I like to add tomato to mine).
Add an onion, some garlic and crushed tomato (optional).

OR remove the sausage from casing and brown. Sauté an onion, the peppers and mushrooms on EVOO (or oil of choice). Then put on all onto a pizza (with tomato/pizza sauce and mozzarella).

OR breakfast burrito - same as above for pizza BUT a place cooked ingredients on a tortilla top with shredded cheddar, (add picante sauce, salsa or pico de gallo) and roll.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Peep, do you put the mixture over pasta or in a sub roll or something else?

CF, I just made a spectular gumbo last week, that I've been eating for a week!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep, do you put the mixture over pasta or in a sub roll or something else?

CF, I just made a spectular gumbo last week, that I've been eating for a week!

Lee

The sausage, peppers and onions with tomato? I cook the sausage links whole in the casing (cut into manageable pieces after completely cooked) and serve in a bowl with crusty bread to dip in the sauce or make a sandwich. BTW I add burgundy wine with the tomatoes and simmer a bit before serving.

But it would be good over pasta if the sausage is removed from casing and browned before adding other ingredients. Then simmered for a bit before adding pasta.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I took Peep's suggestion (although I did add in the mushrooms), putting the whole thing in a crockpot (added wine, too) to simmer away while I did errands.

Serving it all in a bowl with dipping bread on the side was a great idea - I've always had this over linguini!

Thanks, Peep!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 1,124
  • IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,049
K

Kimchee

A bit late to this party, but...
I brown the sausages, preferably hot Italian, and saute onions and peppers. Then I dump in tomato sauce, some Italian seasonings and let it simmer for at least an hour.
It develops a fantastic flavor. Only problem is that I end up eating my sausage and peppers on a bun with a fork, because I want that gravy on them. :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got some long Italian sausages, a bag of mini colored peppers, a package of sliced button mushrooms and Vidalia onions.

Had my sous chef (father) cut up the peppers and onions, browned the sausages and then the vegs, and served over rice (no tomato this time).

Absolutely delicious!

Lee

Attachments

• Sausages peppers mushrooms onions.JPG
    Sausages peppers mushrooms onions.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,089

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump.

My father is coming to visit me Christmas week and he requested this for one of our dinners. The no-tomato version, above.

Excellent! It's a terrific meal and he does all the work!

Lee