ISO how to print out "Best Photos"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A co-worker wants prints of some beautiful photos from a link he was emailed of "Best Photos of 2010".

He sent the email and attachment to me, and it's a slideshow with the extension "pps".

I was hoping I could save some of the photos to my computer as jpegs and then email them to Walgreens to have them print out the photos so my co-worker could pick them up.

I can't figure out how to do that.

Probably can't, huh?

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
PPS is a PowerPoint presentation. Do you have PowerPoint on your PC? When you open the file, you can often right click on the picture and then Save As to your PC. PowerPoint itself often lets you export the embedded files.

There are free PP viewers out there, and I believe OpenOffice can do it.

If you're having problems with it, you can email it to me and I can extract all the files to a ZIP file and mail it back to you.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I have PowerPoint and I did try to right-click a photo to "save to my computer", but that option wasn't available to me.

I will email you the link, K, but I don't think I have anything that will unzip a zip file.

(am I saying that right?)

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, got it. They built that presentation as an auto-play. That runs without that basic framework of PP being opened. To get past this, save the PPS file to your PC, then manually open PowerPoint - it should be under Start > All Progams > Microsoft Office.

Once PowerPoint is open, go to File > Open and then open that file.

You'll now have the raw slides available and can then right-click and Save As to your PC.

If you have problems with that, then let me know and I'll go ahead and grab them all for you and ZIP them up. Here's a cool one I just grabbed from that file. :thumb:

OH - and save them as BMP or TIF. The files are bigger, but JPG is a very lossy compression algorithm meaning the pics may suffer during printing.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 97

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OOOOO! Good choice to post, Keltin! Happy Halloween!

I will try that right now!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Isn't that an awesome pic!! I wonder if it is real or PhotoShopped??? If it was bigger (1920x1080) it would so be my PC Wallpaper right now!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I love that picture. I think you're right, Keltin - PhotoShop. I see a pig wearing a crown a the other end of the log. It's like watching clouds go by and seeing all those faces......

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is my favorite of that particular collection. I wish I'd taken it. Heck, I wish I'd BEEN there - must have felt like the glory of the heavens shining through that steeple!

(Thanks again, K! :flowers:)

Lee

Attachments

• Church.jpg
    Church.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 96

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That is such a stunning picture Lee! Amazing. The contrast, sharpness, limited colors blending, just magnificent. I'd love to be there too!! :thumb:

Buzz.......a pig with a crown? Stop Bogarting that and pass it to me already!!! :lol:

(Uh, I was gonna say it's a D&D enemy called a Flan wearing a crown. :lol:)

buckytom

Grill Master
great pics, qsis and keltin.

keltin's pic reminds me of some of my coworkers. (dead wood. get it?)

qsis's pic reminded me of the blues brothers when jake has a revelation.

"the band!"