Carolina Cooking

white-chocolate-vanilla-bean-icecream.jpg

Carolina Cooking

Ingredients:
(requires ice-cream maker)
– 1 cup milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 eggs (beaten)
– 1 vanilla bean (split, seeds scraped, reserve the pod)
– 1 cup white chocolate chips ( 1/2cup works)
– 1 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and eggs, vanilla seeds and pod. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture slightly thickens (about 4-5 min).
2. Remove pan from heat, stir in white chocolate until melted. Stir in heavy cream.
3. Refrigerate mixture until chilled. about a hr,Remove the vanilla pod, then freeze mixture in ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions I have a cuisinart..takes 20 minutes..I also put in freezer .

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
The Ice Cream looks way Yum on a hot night in NJ.

I also wanted to say that It's good th see you again.

Warmest of Hello's (No pun intended)

Andy

Carolina Cooking

Here it is and the recipe came from same place Gorden got his,the book that came with maker..
IF you would like the recipe to make your own,I will gladly post it..
Have a great day...

13227114_10207412148436076_8411406102808361589_n.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Damn, that white chocolate vanilla might be just the reason for me to get an ice cream maker!

Lee

Carolina Cooking

Here is the maker I got.I have made all the ice cream from the book that came with. Plus A couple of books I bought. I always thought store bought high end was great but I love the ice cream that this makes..Money well spent..:mrgreen:
13680671_10207871227592768_3871806961519516384_n.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I love coffee ice cream. I was buying Blue Bell, but then their recall broke me from that. I switched to Great Value, which was okay. I'd probably love some homemade coffee ice cream.

I spy chickens in your kitchen/dining area. I have a few myself. Good to see you back.

Carolina Cooking

Do you have a maker? Coffee is so easy to make.so good too.
The only store ice cream I buy is Ben and Jerry and Hagen Dais.:smile:

OH yes my rooster/chicken hobby is out of control lol...

Thank you for the welcome..I have always enjoyed your posts and photos of your food..:heart:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Just curious - What makes it cold?

Last time I made Ice Cream, it involved a bucket, ice, rock salt and a whole lot of cranking.

Carolina Cooking

Just curious - What makes it cold?

Last time I made Ice Cream, it involved a bucket, ice, rock salt and a whole lot of cranking.

it has a bucket bowl you put in the freezer for 24hours ..

I make the filling ,and put in fridge to get really cold..

I get the unit in place,put frozen bowl in the unit and right quick dump the ice cold filling in it.hit on button and the bowl rotates.It takes 20/25 minutes.
I add chopped up fruit the last 5 minutes.Or chopped up browned pecans for butter pecan ice cream or choc chips or peanut butter cup chips.etc etc..

Cleans so easy,just a rinse is all it needs.
has rubber feet so it doesn't crawl.Is not loud...

makes 1and 1/2 qt..(5cups)

I have made frozen yogurt,sorbet,geleto ,all kinds of milk and sweetener ..i used full fat whole milk and it turned out great.But I prefer milk or half/half and heavy cream.:)