Monday 8/22/2011 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Bottom round roast is on sale so I am planning on making pot roast. Sides TBDL.

Whatcha got planned?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chicken spaghetti, again or I might have that tomorrow night and have stuffed shrimp tonight

Phiddlechik

I have no idea. Leftover steak in the fridge, may do something with that.

o.k., edit here: put the steak in a small slowcooker for supper, will have with leftover veggies.
Lunch today is beer cheese soup... fat tire, velveeta, cheddar, bit of flour, leeks, small bit of garlic, some chicken stock, and "cajun" seasoning )which is mostly salt).

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We just had a late lunch of rotis chicken and I need to run an errand so I will put the pot roast on late. Hub is off tonight so late dinner is fine. Pot roast, red skins, gravy and steamed broccoli crowns.

K

Kimchee

Slap together Italian.
Made a sauce last night of roma and cherry tomatoes, garlic, onion,
bit of spag. seasoning herb mix, splash of white wine, splash of basalmic vinegar and splash of
fish sauce, since I had no anchovies.
Simmered some zucchini and mushrooms in it, pan seared a chicken breast and served
over spaghetti.

Tonight, I'm pan frying some cotto salami and pepperoni and reusing leftover sauce.

Oh, also grated some mystery cheese over it. Either Asiago or Pecorino, not sure which.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Spent some of the afternoon out of town, then stopped at CaptD's on the way back home.
I ate half just now.. lol
P.S. - Gretchen likes hushpuppies! :corny:
2011-08-22 17-11-33.322.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Yum, yum, yum - that looks good Sass!

I am planning some garlic/lime chicken breasts and a lime/cilantro rice recipe. Vegetables or salad on the side.

Nancy-MD

Sass, I think dogs will like just about anything! LOL Looks good though!

I had a lot of leftover gravy from yesterday so I browned pork chops and simmered them in the gravy until they were falling apart.

Attachments

• pork chops in gravy 001.jpg
    pork chops in gravy 001.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 192

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I had a lot of leftover gravy from yesterday so I browned pork chops and simmered them in the gravy until they were falling apart.
OH MY LORD that looks yummy Nan. My pot roast still has a way to go.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW came home to find Bacon Cheeseburger Soup ready for dinner. Neither of us have had this before, but we both agreed it looked fantastic when Mama posted it. DW said..."OMG! Put this one in the book. It's a keeper."

Thanks, Mama, for another great recipe.

Dinner082211.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DW came home to find Bacon Cheeseburger Soup ready for dinner. Neither of us have had this before, but we both agreed it looked fantastic when Mama posted it. DW said..."OMG! Put this one in the book. It's a keeper."

Dinner082211.jpg
That looks absolutely FANTASTIC Joe!! BUT I think it needs a bit more bacon :whistle: LOL

homecook

Sass, your dinner looks awesome! I love fried shrimp, fish and hushpuppies. Yum....

Nancy, that meal looks so comforting. I'll take a plate. lol

Joe, the soup looks delicious! That's next on my list of things to make.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sass, I take it Gretchen is feeling better :lol:

Nancy, I love pork chops cooked like that!

I can't wait to see the pics Peepers!

You're welcome Joe! I'm glad you liked it! Did you use the velveeta or cheddar?

Well, y'all know that I'm no grill master so I like to try different methods. I've pretty much given up on "smoking" for a while but I'm still working on the grilling. I saw a method for cooking ribs on the internet that said they would be "fall off the bone" in an hour. That wasn't the case but they weren't bad either.

Attachments

• dinner08222011.jpg
    dinner08222011.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 181

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH MAMA!!

And as Forrest would say: "And thats all I have to say about that" WITHOUT drooling down the front of my shirt!!

Embryodad

Spent some of the afternoon out of town, then stopped at CaptD's on the way back home.
I ate half just now.. lol
P.S. - Gretchen likes hushpuppies! :corny:
View attachment 13481

Good thing we don't have Capt. D here. I love fried fish. Looks great Sass

They always taste better the second day Nancy!... Looks great.

That looks good Joe.

Soup and a loaf of bread...... Heaven!!

Embryodad

Nothing to write home about.

Just spaghetti, hot peppers, and garlic toast.

Like growing up as a kid..."Spaghetti Every Day...Just a Different Way!"

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
You're welcome Joe! I'm glad you liked it! Did you use the velveeta or cheddar?
I went and bought the Velveeta. I use it for mac-n-cheese as well, because it melts better and stays creamy, IMO.

Embryodad

I went and bought the Velveeta. I use it for mac-n-cheese as well, because it melts better and stays creamy, IMO.
Joe...

Take a few daubs of Velveeta, and place it here and there on top the mozzarella on homemade pizza...

OMG.....It browns up quick, and to die for. IMO

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Barb!

That's the same reason I used the Velveeta too Joe.

Embryodad

Joe...

Take a few daubs of Velveeta, and place it here and there on top the mozzarella on homemade pizza...

OMG.....It browns up quick, and to die for. IMO

This Pizza was Daubed here and there with Velveeta... besides the other cheeses....

c665ee59.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pot roast (bottom round roast seasoned and browned on all sides, sliced mushroom caps, beefy onion soup mix, red wine, water and gravy master), smashed red skins in jackets, au jus gravy and mixed salad with homemade dressing.

082211_pot_roast.jpg

082211_pot_roast_mashed_aujus_saad.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, I always get the Deluxe Seafood platter when I go there lol
This is the second time I've gone there within the last week or so.
Peeps, I didn't go out of town for fun.. went to see a friend whose mother passed away, then dropped by there for my dinz.
Thanks Barb, and Mama.. YES! Gretchen is back in the groove... I've got the central air turned off and windows open.. she's barking at every little thing she can hear from outside LOL
Your ribs are astounding..what a lovely picture. :) .. those are face and finger messy delish!

Nancy, that chop in gravy is WOW!
I see you like spinach too! Nice dinner!

Joe, I AM going to make that soup! That would be something I could eat every single day.

Yummy Peeps!! That roast looks tender, your mashed are making my mouth water.. and then.. there is another one of your perfect salads!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Karen, I always get the Deluxe Seafood platter when I go there lol
This is the second time I've gone there within the last week or so.
Peeps, I didn't go out of town for fun.. went to see a friend whose mother passed away, then dropped by there for my dinz.
Thanks Barb, and Mama.. YES! Gretchen is back in the groove... I've got the central air turned off and windows open.. she's barking at every little thing she can hear from outside LOL
Your ribs are astounding..what a lovely picture. :) .. those are face and finger messy delish!

Nancy, that chop in gravy is WOW!
I see you like spinach too! Nice dinner!

Joe, I AM going to make that soup! That would be something I could eat every single day.

Yummy Peeps!! That roast looks tender, your mashed are making my mouth water.. and then.. there is another one of your perfect salads!!
Thank you Sass.
There is only 3 slices of pot roast left and some gravy.