May is National Hamburger Month

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Someone mentioned in another thread that May is National Hamburger Month. A quick Google verified as much. It seems White Castle may have started this, but it has caught on.

To celebrate, White Castle is selling a scented candle that smells like a White Castle Hamburger. Unreal. I might have to get one.

http://www.suntimes.com/business/2231548,CST-NWS-slider04.article

Since it's Hamburger month, why not post pics of any Hamburgers you cook this month in this thread. It's a Patty Party! :lol:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, sounds like a very good idea Keltin. Lets have a Patty Party. :thumb: :D

(as for the candles that smell like white castle burgers ...I'll pass :hide:)

K

Kimchee

I'd be happy to see how many days I could have burgers in a row this month... a good burger is hard to beat.

Unfortunately, I'd then have to buy a new wardrobe and enlarge the door openings in the house, sigh....

If that candle really smelled like a White Castle, it might drive me bonkers with desire, LOL!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome! It's a Patty Party then!

And I just figured out whats for dinner tonight. :biggrin:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Woo-Hoo, let the Patty Party begin!

I offer: NY Strip Steak Burgers

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=180499#post180499

These are made from grinding up a NY Strip.

Oh the horror - what did that steak ever do to me! :yum:

Step6-9.jpg

Step8-6.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Kellllllltin! LOL

Ok, it's a beauty, but I am still being haunted from my fastfood big assed, greasy, uber cheesed, onion delight haha!

Good job! ;)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Kellllllltin! LOL

Ok, it's a beauty, but I am still being haunted from my fastfood big assed, greasy, uber cheesed, onion delight haha!

Good job! ;)

OH! I saw that monster sandwich! Looked GOOD! You ought to post the pic in here. This is the National Hmaburger Month thread, so I think all hamburgers count - homemade or store bought, lets see the burger love!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Mmkk, I'll post it, but it'll be through squinty eyes. lol

A Papaburger with cheese curds, compliments of A&W restaurant..

2010-05-04 17-24-25.851.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Excellent Sass! Wow, that burger looks good. We have an A&W here, so I'm gonna look for that one. I could so dive into that monster!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent Sass! Wow, that burger looks good. We have an A&W here, so I'm gonna look for that one. I could so dive into that monster!
Well enjoy if you try one. They have a double that's the same as a Papa, only it has bacon.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Okay, here's what I did:

I ground up a chuck roast in the food processor and mixed in some cooked and crumbled bacon, salt pepper and garlic powder. I stuck a chunk of Velveeta cheese between two patties and crimped them together to make a Jucy Lucy and then topped with sauteed mushrooms, grilled vidalila onions, lettuce and tomato. DH ate all of his but I could only eat half, I saved the other half for dinner tonight. They turned out really good! :biggrin:

Attachments

• baconjucylucy1.jpg
    baconjucylucy1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 96
  • baconjucylucy.jpg
    baconjucylucy.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 105

lilbopeep

๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Okay, here's what I did:

I ground up a chuck roast in the food processor and mixed in some cooked and crumbled bacon, salt pepper and garlic powder. I stuck a chunk of Velveeta cheese between two patties and crimped them together to make a Jucy Lucy and then topped with sauteed mushrooms, grilled vidalila onions, lettuce and tomato. DH ate all of his but I could only eat half, I saved the other half for dinner tonight. They turned out really good! :biggrin:
YUMMY!! the beans looks really good also!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Okay, here's what I did:

I am speechless! That is simply incredible. I've been wanting to do a Jucy Lucy for a while now, but was afraid of the blowout. Looks like you avoided the blowout, so I'm inspired now! Incredible.

Glad to see someone else using their food processor to grind some meat. Awesome! :thumb:

Attachments

• Wow.jpg
    Wow.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 79

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps and Keltin. The beans are Bush's Best that I doctored up with some Ketchup, Dijon Mustard and BBQ Sauce and then topped with some bacon and baked.

When you make your Jucy Lucy's Keltin, just take the time to make sure the edges are sealed well and your patties are even in thickness and not too thin before you put the cheese in the middle.

I prefer to make my own hamburger meat because you never really know what you are getting in the store and I don't like my burgers well done so I feel like it's safer (I don't know that it is but I feel better about it) to buy a whole cut of meat, wash it and then process it myself.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps and Keltin. The beans are Bush's Best that I doctored up with some Ketchup, Dijon Mustard and BBQ Sauce and then topped with some bacon and baked.

When you make your Jucy Lucy's Keltin, just take the time to make sure the edges are sealed well and your patties are even in thickness and not too thin before you put the cheese in the middle.

I prefer to make my own hamburger meat because you never really know what you are getting in the store and I don't like my burgers well done so I feel like it's safer (I don't know that it is but I feel better about it) to buy a whole cut of meat, wash it and then process it myself.

Thanks for the tips! :kiss:

Have you used other kinds of cheese before? Do you think the Velveeta is less likely to blow?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That was my first time. I had Velveeta, shredded Mexican blend, provolone and mozzarella and for whatever reason I just used Velveeta. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have tried a different cheese with each burger.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks for the tips! :kiss:

Have you used other kinds of cheese before? Do you think the Velveeta is less likely to blow?
i have done stuffed burgers with these cheeses before (1 at a time) brie, cheddar, gouda, smoked gouda, muenster and blue. all were good (blue was a bit strong but next time i wil use a milder blue. maybe Maytag blue cheese). just remember what mama said BE SURE THE EDGES ARE SEALED WELL.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
I need to make a really fresh burger for a change and try grinding my own meat.
I am sure a lot of satisfaction comes from that process instead of buying fresh patties from the market or just a package of ground beef.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i have the meat grinder attachment for my kitchen aid but haven't used it in years.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
i have the meat grinder attachment for my kitchen aid but haven't used it in years.
I think we all have those attachments that get lost in the kitchen drawers, never to be seen again until a moment of inspiration comes along and they see the bright gleaming light, and squeal with delight when they are first used.:yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ohhh....I almost forgot that May is National Burger month. Still plenty of time to join the Patty Party. Think I might make some burgers this weekend!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Double Cheese Burger!

I pressed the meat between wax paper and two plates to make large, uniform patties. Grilled them over coals for about 4 minutes per side. Added cheese on the first flip. Served on toasted buns (butter and garlic powder under the broiler) with Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup, Lettuce, and Tomato.

Step1-44.jpg

Step2-38.jpg

Step3-33.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, Burger King would be jealous. :applause:
That looks scrumptious.
You toasted the buns and buttered them then added garlic powder.
That right there has my sense of taste virtually able to taste the burger just looking at the pic.
GREAT JOB!