Whats cooking Monday March 22, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hello everyone.

I Have a corned beef simmering, the red potatoes in their jackets and cabbage waiting to take a swim.

Whats the plan at your house?

I will hopefully be posting pics again.

High Cheese

Saucier
Grilled chicken. As I was grabbing my OJ from the fridge this morning I decided to save it as a base for the sauce/baste. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to make it but it will be a OJ reduction with rosemary, habs, honey and some orange booze.

GotGarlic

I have yoga class tonight, so I'm going to have DH cook up some frozen beef tamales and Peruvian rice with veggies we picked up at Trader Joe's.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday we grilled out chicken breasts that had marinated overnight in Italian Dressing.

We had leftovers so tonight we're having salads topped with some of that tasty chicken.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Homemade CHINESE!!

The Egg Foo Yung and Oven-Fried Rice will be homemade, using up the last of the roast pork. Bought some frozen scallion pancakes and dumplings to fry up, too.

Lee

P.S. When uploading this photo, I noticed that everything is BEIGE! LOL! It was delicious, though!

Attachments

• Chinese 3-22-10.JPG
    Chinese 3-22-10.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have been messing with income tax stuff :bonk:all day, so I'm tired. I'm hoping someone will cook burgers tonight.

lilylove

so..it's alright that the sauce touches the rice..but not the bread???

Can you eat bread and beef gravy?

suziquzie

lol...... rice is SUPPOSED to have sauce... bread is not.
I can't even EXPLAIN my train of thought on this without people laughing at me :D

lilylove

When we were growing up... if we ate all our roast beef dinner
we could have bread and gravy for dessert :) '

It's one of the good things my parents did! :)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Tired, with headache. We just had hot dogs. Not that there's anything wrong with that! LOL!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Bam, know the young man did enjoy that meal...Awesome looking steak......

thanks...it was all tasty..but of all 3 steaks cooked tonight little man's was the only one cooked perfectly... rare..ours..overcooked but still tasty..lol

Meme4251

Did you do any basting as you cooked which I reaize wouldn't be very long. I usualy just use the usual butter, lemon juice, a little chopped onion as basting but really guess wouldn't have to since I have a pretty tasty dry rub prior. They did look awesome. Glad you enjoyed...Have a wonderful week Bam....:applause:

buckytom

Grill Master
yum, bam.

i made a sausages, peppers, and shallots lasagna last night using no boil noodles. it was really good. the best of both worlds: sausage and peppers, and lasagna.

recipe will be posted later.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice steak and scallops, Bams. I wish that I had wrapped my scallops with bacon the other night. They kind of dried out a little.

Spaghetti looks great, Lifesaver.

Homemade CHINESE!!

The Egg Foo Yung and Oven-Fried Rice will be homemade, using up the last of the roast pork. Bought some frozen scallion pancakes and dumplings to fry up, too.

Lee

P.S. When uploading this photo, I noticed that everything is BEIGE! LOL! It was delicious, though!

Yum, tell us about the egg foo yung and the sauce.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Homemade CHINESE!!

Lee

roast pork egg foo young is my fav. recipe pretty please. i don't think i have ever seen frozen scallion pancakes. which section of the freezer case is that in?

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie and Peep, I put the recipe and more photos of Egg Foo Yung in its own thread, in the Ethnic forum (hmmmph, I coulda sworn I've posted that before).

Peep, the scallion pancakes and dumplings were purchased at the big Asian supermarket next to the store where I work. They have EVERYTHING!!

Not sure, but you might be able to get something similar at a Trader Joe's.

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Homemade CHINESE!!

Lee

In a case like this, Beige quickly becomes my FAVORITE color :wub: