NCT's Iron Chef 37: Battle Fruit!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 37, the secret challenge is……..

Fruit!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, this challenge is open for 7 days (week of 1/17/10 - 1/24/10). During that 7 day period, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulations are that you must use Fruit in some way in the dish, and it must be something you have cooked during the 7 day period of this challenge.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Fruit begin!

j8pnjr.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I bought a pineapple early in the week, so Wednesday I made a pineapple & roasted red pepper salsa for some huge pork chops, and last night I grilled pineapple slices to go with grilled garlic shrimp.

Neither is very fancy, but we're on diets here, so simple is good.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 246

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful Silver! I love grilled pineapple.

I've got a couple other things I'm working on for dinner, so more to come shortly!

vyapti

I made a cake for a birthday tomorrow. It looks dry, but I'll drizzle it with cinnamon icing tomorrow. Hopefully it will be OK. My 9yo got into the game today too. She made, what she called Goose Juice. It had kiwis, cranberry juice, lemon & lime juice, lime sorbet and, probably more sugar than I'd like to believe. Then she took some pics and asked me to put her on the internet.

Apple Spice Cake:

4303189780_876d1d8a66.jpg

Goose Juice:

4302451407_1f9af89def.jpg