NCT's Iron Chef 32: Battle Green

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 32, the secret ingredient is……..

Color: Green!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use a Green ingredient in some way in the dish.

Anything green…..green beans, asparagus, broccoli, pesto, basil, green tomatoes, okra, etc. If it’s green, then use it! The whole dish doesn’t have to be green, just use green in it. If you want the whole thing to be green, then that is fine as well. For example, at it’s most simple, you could do a baked potato with Chives. Chives are green.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Green begin!

1hfpee.jpg

K

Kimchee

I bring you....

Smoked Salmon Fettucine!
Recipe posted, with cooking pictures, in Fish.
(this would qualify for the last 3 competitions.. fish,
tomato and green, LOL)

Attachments

• SmokedSalmonFettucine8.jpg
    SmokedSalmonFettucine8.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 239
  • SmokedSalmonFettucine9.jpg
    SmokedSalmonFettucine9.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 245

Deelady

Roasted Broccoli Pesto Fettucini with Lemon Fried Chicken Tenderloins

Attachments

• Wedding 188.jpg
    Wedding 188.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Wedding 192.jpg
    Wedding 192.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Wedding 197.jpg
    Wedding 197.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 233

homecook

Very nice Kimchee!! Looks quite good.....

Look at you Dee!!! That looks awesome! You could have cooked that for me. lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
meatloaf, mashed taters and spinach.

meatloaf_spinach_121109_2_P1040886.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
homemade beef and broccoli and homemade fried rice

beef_broccoli_121209_P1040892.JPG

Last edited:

Deelady

Mmmm you've been busy Peeps!! They both look great butthat second one has me hungry all over again!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
My first entry: Keltin’s Southern Style Green Beans

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=159138#post159138

Yep, a Side-Dish! We concentrate so often on main courses, that sides get lost on occasion. So here I am with a side. Remember that the IC challenges are supposed to bring us together and let us each know how YOU cook an item or Dish. Ok……this is how WE like our fresh Green Beans!

Step_6-57.jpg

That's beautiful Keltin and was always there as part of Sunday suppers at my Grandma's house. The left overs taste even better.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade sub gum chicken chow mein and fried rice.

subgum_chicken_stirfry_fried_rice_121709_1_P1040940.JPG

Last edited:

Ronjohn

Hmmm,

I'm thinking I probably don't want to try entering the green...um.... stuff? I found in the very back of the refrigerator here recently into this friendly little competition, huh?

:D

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I also did beef and broccoli stir fry. I just threw it together, so I'll have to write the recipe from memory.

1.5 lb Top round steak
1 bunch Broccoli
1 bunch Scallions
1 can Water chestnuts, sliced
1 can Bamboo shoots, sliced
1 thumb size piece Ginger
3-4 cloves Garlic
Soy sauce
Oyster sauce
Rice vinegar
Cornstarch

Marinade:

Mix 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup oyster sauce, 2 T rice vinegar, minced garlic, minced ginger. Slice steak across grain 1/4" thick, then into bite size pieces. Put meat and marinade into Ziploc bag, and keep in fridge for a few hours, or overnight.

Cut up broccoli, and slice scallions into 1/4" pieces. Drain water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Mix together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup cold water, and 1 T cornstarch, and set aside.

Brown meat in a hot skillet or wok. Add vegetables and continue frying for a few more minutes so the broccoli starts to cook. Add soy sauce cornstarch mixture, continue to stir and cook until sauce thickens.

Serve over rice.

img0432lp.jpg

img0433bt.jpg

img0434z.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Arugula salad with herbed goat cheese, sauteed apple slices and toasted pignoli nuts

DecemberChristmas2009105.jpg

Slow roasted chicken with pumpkin ravioli and broccoli rabe

DecemberChristmas2009109.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I'm turning green with envy...

Great looking dishes everyone!! I checked the pantry but I just don't have anything green right now! I was hoping to do something with the leftover broccoli raab in the garden, but it is too late to pick any.