NCT's Iron Chef 31: Battle Tomatoes

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 31, the secret ingredient is……..

Tomatoes!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use Tomatoes in some way in the dish.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Tomatoes begin!

t53lh1.jpg

Deelady

Sumac and Lemon Flavored Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Broccoli drizzled with sun dried tomato oil.

Attachments

• Wedding 122.jpg
    Wedding 122.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 220

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That looks incredible Dee!! And it so reminds me of a similar pasta dish I once had and could never emulate. I'm gonna try this one for sure!!! Thank you!!

Deelady

Thanks Keltin :D It was simple yet satisfying! I thought I would miss having chicken in it but I actually didn't!

Deelady

You are serriously making me want to run out and try a stuffed clam!!! (at 9:40 in the morning I might add!)
Everything looks GREAT Keltin!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sausage pizza

DecemberChristmas2009028.jpg

Cream of Tomato Soup

DecemberChristmas2009083.jpg

Two cheese grilled cheese with uglyripe tomatoes

DecemberChristmas2009085.jpg

vyapti

I've got two entires this week. First, I made a Marinara sauce last weekend with some leftover basil, which was pure coincidence that Tomato was selected.

Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce:

Second, I made this this yesterday. It's Rajma, a kidney bean curry. I accidentally used Serrano peppers instead of Jalapeno, and only three of use could stand the heat, but for the non-puss diners, it was amazingly good. It was paired with a biryani, which was just perfect.

Rajma Chawal:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin (again lol) Vera and Vyapti, those are stunning looking dishes.
Whooooooo hoo!!!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Nice very nice looking tomatoes.... Once, my father in law called me a tomato. I still have no idea what he meant.:huh:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Everyone's entry looks great. I actually made sundried tomato gnocchi last night for this IC. They were great! I never imagined that the homemade version would be sooooo much better.

However, time was up by the time that I got my pic's transferred to my computer. :( That will teach me to wait until Sunday. :alc: On to something green........ :)

Deelady

Everyone's entry looks great. I actually made sundried tomato gnocchi last night for this IC. They were great! I never imagined that the homemade version would be sooooo much better.

However, time was up by the time that I got my pic's transferred to my computer. :( That will teach me to wait until Sunday. :alc: On to something green........ :)

POST IT!! POST IT!! PoST IT!! :D