NCT's Iron Chef 28: Battle Eggplant

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 28, the secret ingredient is……..

Eggplant!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use eggplant in some way.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Eggplant begin!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: NCT's Iron Chef 27: Battle Eggplant

andy you need to change it to NCT's Iron Chef 28: Battle Eggplant

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Here we go, my first entry for the week (and for quite a while) - stuffed aubergine (egg plant). http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=151896#post151896
PICT0045.JPG

I'll be back - I bought 8 of the little suckers.

Last edited:

Meme4251

Ray, that look sooooooo good! Is it stuffed sorta like a stuffed bell pepper? Just curious is similar. Love good ol' stuffed peppers and this looks just as good...:agree:

FryBoy

I've posted this before, but it's good, it's eggplant, and I have photos, so why not post it again?

EGGPLANT ENCHILADAS

2 tablespoons butter
1½ pounds eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 4-ounce can diced chilies
2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 10-ounce cans enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
plain yogurt for garnish
chopped cilantro for garnish

1. Melt butter in skillet and sauté egg plant and garlic until soft, about 15 minutes.

2. Add onion and green pepper, cook 10 minutes more.

3. Add chilies, 1½ cups cheese, and salt and pepper to skillet, and mix well.

4. Heat enchilada sauce until steamy in small frying pan. Dip a tortilla in sauce until soft; spoon a 12 of the vegetable th mixture down center and roll to enclose filling. Arrange seam side down in a greased 9" by 13" pan. Repeat with each tortilla.

5. Cover all with remaining sauce and cheese.

6. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes at 350° (if cold, baked, covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncovered 20 minutes).

7. Serve with yogurt and chopped cilantro on the side.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Eggplant Enchiladas.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 288

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks HC and Dee! You always play, HC. I'm anxious to see what you've got up your sleeve :brows:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:mrgreen: Alright! Another great looking eggplant entry. Very nice ratatouille, Miniman. I could eat that as a meatless meal. Of course, the carnivore who inhabits my home has to have meat :biggrin:.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to see IC is still going! :clap:

Great job everyone. Now, lets see if I can get my head outta my ass and do a recipe!! I think I’ll make something up really quick for this one and see how it goes. If it fails, you’ll know not to try it, but at least it’ll be an entry!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
K-k-kk Kellllllllltin, beautiful Keltin, you're the only one (of many) that we adore, when the eggplant appears over the forrrrrum... we'll be standing at the K-k-kkitchen doorrrrrrrrrrrr!:lol:
Hey!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
All these dishes look wonderful!

Keltin, my friend....how the heck have you been?