Cuisinart Food processor Recall!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I was contemplating getting another Cuisinart food processor until I found THIS!! :sad:

Cuisinart recalls food processors after blade pieces end up in food

About 8 million units are impacted by the voluntary recall from Cuisinart's parent company, Conair.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/22-models-...sors-recalled-reports-blade/story?id=44153728

Small Appliances

Up Next ​Uber to put self-driving cars on the road in SF 'very soon'

cuisinart.jpg
Enlarge Image

The recall includes Cuisinart food processors with four rivets in the blades as pictured above.
Photo by US Consumer Product Safety Commission Cuisinart has issued a voluntary recall for about 8 million food processors because of a risk of the blade cracking and breaking off into food, according to a release from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission issued Tuesday. Conair, the company that owns Cuisinart, has received 69 reports of people who found pieces of a blade in their food, and 30 reports of injury, the recall said. About 300,000 food processors in Canada are also affected.

Paid Content

The recall involves food processors with model numbers that begin with the following (the model number's on the bottom of the food processor):

• CFP-9
  • CFP-11
  • DFP-7
  • DFP-11
  • DFP-14
  • DLC-5
  • DLC-7
  • DLC-8
  • DLC-10
  • DLC-XP
  • DLC-2007
  • DLC-2009
  • DLC-2011
  • DLC-2014
  • DLC-3011
  • DLC-3014
  • EV-7
  • EV-10
  • EV-11
  • EV-14
  • KFP-7
  • MP-14
The blades on the affected units have four rivets, are silver-colored stainless steel and have a beige plastic center. If you have one of the recalled food processors, you should stop using it and contact Cuisinart for a replacement blade by calling 877-339-2534 or going to the company's website, according to the recall. The website appeared to be down Tuesday evening.
Share your voice

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I called mine in. :thumb:

In the '70s, Cuisinart became what was back then, the Cadillac of food processors.

They were practically indestructible. The first line of food processors ever! But over the years, they have fallen by the wayside! Their popularity went down. And now THIS! :ohmy:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a pic of the Cuisinart food processor with the non-riveted blade. :applause:;)

Attachments

• Cuisinart food processor with rivetless Choping Blade..jpg
    Cuisinart food processor with rivetless Choping Blade..jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 190

Johnny West

I never look at them. I don't even like using it - it's the wife's gadget. I use knives for my chopping and the like.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's the new rivetless chopping blade. :WitchBrewsSmiley::weber:

Attachments

• no_rivets.png
    no_rivets.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 144

Johnny West

I'm thinking about a new blender for making smoothies and the like. Amelia likes smoothies and it would not hurt me to have some health food type drinks.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm seriously thinking about THIS machine, along with a mandoline slicer to do the job of a food processor.

It's at Amazon.com. :weber:

Attachments

• Preethi Nitro 4 Jar Mixer & Grinder with Super Extractor, 110 Volt..jpg
    Preethi Nitro 4 Jar Mixer & Grinder with Super Extractor, 110 Volt..jpg
    26 KB · Views: 160

Shermie

Site Supporter
Don't really know. There are so many choices. I was thinking about getting another Cuisinart, but I'm also intrigued by the machine in the pick that I posted above.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I saw that one, and was thinking about it.

Pretty big & heavy! Also, the price is pretty hefty as well, but it looks like a good solid machine!! It also comes in 3 colors. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Attachments

• Breville Food Processor..jpg
    Breville Food Processor..jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 148

Shermie

Site Supporter
I bought this one.

It's good, solid and heavy!! :applause: :clap:

Attachments

• Cuisinbart Food Procssor..jpg
    Cuisinbart Food Procssor..jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 129