What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Ok, Kids. I'll get this one started since I was busy in my kitchen at 0600 this morning. Got the sandwich rolls replenished for the freezer, and made a batch of my Oatmeal Raising Cake Cookies with walnuts. Can anyone say YUMMO????

P1010375.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hey, don't nobody bake anymore? Let's get this thread going and staying alive. Tonight when I get home from work I'm making apple strudel.

P1010337.jpg

What are you bums making???????

chowhound

I'm a bum. I don't bake.
Love those of you who do though :smile:

That apple strudel looks delicious, Joe! What I wouldn't give for a piece while I finish the last of my coffee this morning....

chowhound

I just ate 3 Krispy Kreme Donuts does that count as baking?

What about those donuts from the other thread? Do you have a recipe for those? Besides good pizza shops, there aren't any donut shops out here either :sad: Sometimes living in the country sucks.

smoke king

Banned
Feels like a cookie day. I have to make 3 birthday cakes in the next week, so cakes are out. Hmmmm, then again, kinda feels like a Rye bread day too......

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I just made a batch of corn muffins and one corn bread. Lou got the woolee earlier this week and I do so love to give my man what he wants:wub:..Besides, I know there is very little to be afraid of in my muffins.

So, tomorrow morning we'll be enjoying them in bed with huge cups of coffee and the NBC morning news..

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
My mom's pulmonologist is my ex's parents' friend. He knows my baking well. So at some point, a sour cherry chocolate torte is in his future. Right now, I just have too much on my plate to make it.

Calicolady

I feel so inferior. (Insert head hanging low Smiley)
I've already gripped elsewhere about not being able to make bread down here. No bakeries here either. Maybe it's not just me. And GrantsKat agrees and she's in Flagler County, north of here.
I gave up trying to figure out why.
But maybe it's a good thing. My love for bread and butter and a good cup of coffee is unsurpassed. I'd be the Pilsbury doughgirl. No joke!

But oh those pictures are sooooo perty. Thank you all.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, my butt was dragging when I got home last night so the strudel never got made. I'm getting ready to shape the Italian loaves that I made an hour ago, so we can have them with the Italian Wedding soup that went on the stove at 0600.

GrantsKat

I feel so inferior. (Insert head hanging low Smiley)
I've already gripped elsewhere about not being able to make bread down here. No bakeries here either. Maybe it's not just me. And GrantsKat agrees and she's in Flagler County, north of here.
I gave up trying to figure out why.
But maybe it's a good thing. My love for bread and butter and a good cup of coffee is unsurpassed. I'd be the Pilsbury doughgirl. No joke!

But oh those pictures are sooooo perty. Thank you all.

I havent given up yet calico!!! I was able to make a decent pizza dough.....I still wanna try putting the dough in a formed pan while it rises, so that it wont "spread" sideways, does that make sense?:huh:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
C'mon, kids. Let's keep this thread alive. Here's what I made today to take on my fishing trip tomorrow. Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cake Cookies.

P1010395.jpg

I love my #70 disher. Every cookie came out 2-1/4", and I got 56 cookies from this recipe, and fit nicely in this container for transporting in my back pack. Hope the TSA folks don't get the munchies. LOL

P1010396.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I had wanted to make a Sour Cherry Chocolate Torte but I am afraid I am too pooped to pop.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
WHERE ARE THE BAKERS??????????????????I leave town for a feww days and you guys let the thread die. Get with the program, people!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Hey, don't nobody bake anymore? Let's get this thread going and staying alive. Tonight when I get home from work I'm making apple strudel.

P1010337.jpg

What are you bums making???????

Joe, I reposted Mary's recipe where you found that there was too much water--how did you adjust down in the end. I don't want others to have the same problem. It has been a while since I made it and I did it with my mom. I think my mom knew to instinctively hold back on the water. Grandma must have taught her.
Thanks for those on the board--I don't want anyone to have a mishap. I did mention what you said when I posted the recipe.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Joe, you are shaming me. I will have to turn off the puter and get busy. Maybe a bit of baking will help me destress and I can always make my neighbors happy. I had St. Valentine's Day baking plans as it is.

I really want to make Sour Cherry Chocolate Tortes.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
What are you baking today?

Not sure about today, but I was a busy camper yesterday with Hot Cross Buns, Easter Bread and Italian Bread...Oh, and a batch of cake cookies not shown.

P1010492.jpg

Calicolady

Re: What are you baking today?

Joe, your pics alway make my day.
Thanks!
I'll have some Easter Bread w/butter and a nice cup of coffee, even though I normally don't eat breakfast. YUM!

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter

I made that onion bread yesterday (I'm surprised how well it held overnight) and I'm making Hamantaschen today. Dough came out of the fridge about 30 minutes ago. I'll try to post some pics later.

homecook

Hey Joe.......do you have the recipe for the Easter bread?? I have my grandmothers' Babka recipe and thought about making it this year.

Barb

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Hey Joe.......do you have the recipe for the Easter bread?? I have my grandmothers' Babka recipe and thought about making it this year.

Barb

Is this a Babka recipe that uses 15 egg yolks?

Status
Not open for further replies.