Pork Chop Casserole

Johnny West

This is pretty simple - I fry the pork chops in a cast iron dutch oven; take out pork chops and deglaze DO with a bit of water. Add fresh sliced potatoes and onions in layers. S&P veg. Add pork chops. Cover and bake at 300*F till potatoes and onions are done. The ladies on the cast iron Facebook group I go to weren't to impressed but I love it - it's what my grandma used to do when I lived with her in the late 60's.

Attachments

• #Pork T 2.jpg
    #Pork T 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 217
  • #Pork T MS.jpg
    #Pork T MS.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 223

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds and looks great to me!

Couldn't be easier!

Lee

Johnny West

I'm doing the pork chop casserole tonight - Duroc chops from Safeway, two russets, and three different kinds of onions. S&P - fried off the chops in lite olive oil and bacon grease in the #8 Wagner DO. They'll go in when I get a banana bread out.

Attachments

• #Duroc Chops XXII.jpg
    #Duroc Chops XXII.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 202
  • #Duroc Chops Oven Ready.jpg
    #Duroc Chops Oven Ready.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 210

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought some thinner chops from the butt end today. I might do this with them.

Lee

Johnny West

These were on the thin side. I got new russets today at the commissary - 49 cents a pound and they were excellent. Todays onions were a mix of yellow, white, and Walla Walla Sweet.

Johnny West

I did this this afternoon using pork sirloin. We had a big bag of mushrooms that needs to be used up so added those, too. I know I've been doing this a lot of late, but it's good, and always smells wonderful.

Attachments

• #Pork Steak Casserole I.jpg
    #Pork Steak Casserole I.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 189
  • #Pork Steak Casserole II.jpg
    #Pork Steak Casserole II.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 184

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I may have posted this here earlier - dunno - but it's a winner for chops:

in advance:
crisp up a batch of bacon
slice onion and mushroom; saute to soft
brown chops

layer sauerkraut+applesauce+ chops + mushroom/onion mix+bacon crumbles
fill to about 1/2 depth of chop&goodies layers with beer
bake covered at max 275'F
best done day ahead; reheat to serve
looks like:

Attachments

• DSC_2212.jpg
    DSC_2212.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 189

Johnny West

This is pretty simple - I fry the pork chops in a cast iron dutch oven; take out pork chops and deglaze DO with a bit of water. Add fresh sliced potatoes and onions in layers. S&P veg. Add pork chops. Cover and bake at 300*F till potatoes and onions are done. The ladies on the cast iron Facebook group I go to weren't to impressed but I love it - it's what my grandma used to do when I lived with her in the late 60's.
For Peeps….