Whole Roasted Spicy Cauliflower

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made this last night and my friend and I loved it! Mine was only mildly spicy but we like it that way.

Lee

Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
A PureWow Original Recipe

• Makes 6 servings
  • Start to Finish: 1 hour
Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 head cauliflower
1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons chile powder (I used a storebought chili blend, mild)
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon curry powder (I used a homemade version of curry, mild)
2 teaspoons kosher salt (it was too much; next time, cut back to 1 teas.)
1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400° and lightly grease a small baking sheet with vegetable oil. Set aside.
2. Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. “Frost” the cauliflower, using a rubber spatula, a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)
5. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 50-60 minutes or tender when you stick it with a fork. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and add a couple of pats of butter.

Read more:
Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower | National - PureWow

Attachments

• IMG_4039.JPG
    IMG_4039.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4040.JPG
    IMG_4040.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 94

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Looks good. Funny, I was looking at recipes online last week and came across a whole stuffed cauliflower. It was parcooked, then stuffed with a mixture of kale, bacon, cheese, plus other things, rolled in bread crumbs, then roasted until done and served in wedges. I bookmarked it to try in the future.