Salmon Patty recipe for LilyLove!

AllenOK

LilyLove, I just read that you didn't really eat salmon much, but have quite a bit.

This recipe is extremely tasty, and not over-powering. I highly recommend using fresh or frozen salmon, and poaching it yourself.

Salmon Patties
Yields:

This is something that can be a quick meal, or a fast lunch, especially if you have the salmon mixture already made up. You can use canned salmon for this, but I find you get the best results if you poach fresh salmon. You can also save money by purchasing salmon scraps, such as the tail-end, and belly meat, from a local fishmonger.

For the Court-Bouillon:
2 qt water
½ c white wine
7 - 10 whole black peppercorns
1 t Old Bay Seasoning
1 rib of celery, root end, leaves, and all, washed and cut in half
½ onion, skin, root end, and all
For the patties:
1 ½# raw salmon
-or- canned salmon
1 T Mayo
1 T Dijon mustard
1 Egg
¼ t Salt
¼ t pepper
¾ t Old Bay seasoning
2 T Chopped green onions
3 T Chopped red onions
Several leaves of fresh basil, chiffonade
Bread crumbs for dredging
2 T vegetable oil

Combine all the ingredients for the Court-Bouillon. Bring to a simmer, cover, and lower the heat so you maintain a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes to one hour. Once the Court-Bouillon is nicely flavored, bring it to a rolling boil. Add the salmon, cover, and turn the heat to low again. Poach for 5 - 10 minutes. You don’t want the liquid to boil, as this will break the meat apart.
Once the salmon is fully cooked, remove as much of the larger pieces as you can. Strain the liquid and remove the remaining salmon. Discard the solid pieces of the Court-Bouillon. Cool the salmon in the refrigerator.
Mix together the mayo, mustard, egg, seasonings, both onions, and the basil. Add the salmon and mix. Do this gently so you don’t break the salmon up to finely, as you want some nice chunks. Form into large patties for sandwiches, or smaller patties for entrées. Dredge the patties in the breads crumbs. Cook the patties in a skillet, in the oil, over medium to mid-high heat until well-browned.

AllenOK

BUMP!

I made a LARGE batch of this at work over the weekend. Rave Reviews! The Chef told me it's probably going on the menu soon.