Uil8jQL.jpg

8qxSpnc.jpg

txPU6Xl.jpg

PR7WkeJ.jpg

4K3cF4a.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
this will happen again, so I'm going to be more prepared . . .
we have deer, and we have a Husky, and a fenced yard....

this morning we let him out to water the grass - two deer in the woods watching him - so he stood there and 'serenaded' them....
apparently there are so many 'confined' dogs in the area the deer have learned they need not fear them.

video. some day . . .

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww. all so cute and sweet!

Happy Doggerday!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Attachments

• Dogerday101018-2.jpg
    Dogerday101018-2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Dogerday101018.jpg
    Dogerday101018.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Dogerday101118-.jpg
    Dogerday101118-.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Dogerday101618-.jpg
    Dogerday101618-.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 80

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
this will happen again, so I'm going to be more prepared . . .
we have deer, and we have a Husky, and a fenced yard....

this morning we let him out to water the grass - two deer in the woods watching him - so he stood there and 'serenaded' them....
apparently there are so many 'confined' dogs in the area the deer have learned they need not fear them.

video. some day . . .

Be careful with him. Our half malamute or husky, mixed with golden lab, figured out how to open the gate. When we stopped that, she figured out she could push out the bottom of the fence and go for a walkabout. We (meaning Craig, I just helped to carry) had to put those huge landscape logs (railroad ties?) on the bottom, drill holes to pound rebar through into the ground outside the fence to keep her in the yard. And, we didn't have deer, just a few small wild animals, dogs and kids that she wanted to go play with, except the ducks, she hated them for some reason and would kill them if she caught them. Thank goodness she didn't figure out that she could probably have jumped the fence and/or climbed it given how big she was.

The worst was she also took the pugs with her when she went. She was smart enough to get home on her own. A couple of the pug weren't.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
That's just criminal dressing that poor puggy up like that. Look how sad those eyes are. How embarrassing! :wink:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
...opening gates....

actually he's 'tied' - he's used to being tied since a puppy, so he doesn't pull or struggle with it - just goes to the end of the 25' (lightweight!) cord - less than a clothes line diameter - and stops.

we worried that if he got all wound up over the deer he might try to break free and jump the fence. early on he was on a wire rope - so I guess he learned 'there ain't no breaking free' and he's well behaved at this point.