Greetings from the Pacific NW

Ginny

Hello NCT folks! My name is Ginny. I was born and raised in So. Cal. and now reside in SW Washington State. I live with my husband and 2 Cardigan Welsh Corgis, on a hilltop near Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR. When I was about 10 years old, I asked for a cookbook for Christmas and the journey began!

While doing a search on the WWW today, I noticed this forum. When I clicked and took a look around, I noticed some familiar names and avatars and thought, hey, why not? Looking forward to getting to know some new names and avatars too! And talking about cooking!!! :cooking:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hello NCT folks! My name is Ginny. I was born and raised in So. Cal. and now reside in SW Washington State. I live with my husband and 2 Cardigan Welsh Corgis, on a hilltop near Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR. When I was about 10 years old, I asked for a cookbook for Christmas and the journey began!

While doing a search on the WWW today, I noticed this forum. When I clicked and took a look around, I noticed some familiar names and avatars and thought, hey, why not? Looking forward to getting to know some new names and avatars too! And talking about cooking!!! :cooking:

Hi Ginny, welcome to NCT!

What are some of your favorite things to cook/bake?

Lee

Ginny

Hi Ginny, welcome to NCT!

What are some of your favorite things to cook/bake?

Lee
I think I need to say that I like to make a well-coordinated meal. A theme is good. Since moving to the PNW, we discovered that dining out options are much more limited than when we lived in So. Cal. So, I've learned to make many of the things we miss most. I can duplicate many of our favorites from the Mexican and Asian dishes we so enjoyed. And, pizza! I have a couple of pizza specialty ovens to use. Our favorites mostly revolve around Neapolitan-type pizza. Although, I certainly won't limit my choices to only Neapolitan!

It is just the two of us, so I do manage to stock our freezer with "planned overs" too. For those days when I'm less energetic... When we have company, at home or when out camping, I enjoy sharing all sorts of cooking. And the challenges of making it all come together, especially when out camping.

Does that give you some clues? ;)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think I need to say that I like to make a well-coordinated meal. A theme is good. Since moving to the PNW, we discovered that dining out options are much more limited than when we lived in So. Cal. So, I've learned to make many of the things we miss most. I can duplicate many of our favorites from the Mexican and Asian dishes we so enjoyed. And, pizza! I have a couple of pizza specialty ovens to use. Our favorites mostly revolve around Neapolitan-type pizza. Although, I certainly won't limit my choices to only Neapolitan!

It is just the two of us, so I do manage to stock our freezer with "planned overs" too. For those days when I'm less energetic... When we have company, at home or when out camping, I enjoy sharing all sorts of cooking. And the challenges of making it all come together, especially when out camping.

Does that give you some clues? ;)

Wonderful, thanks! Looking forward to seeing your recipes and photos, Ginny!

Lee

Johnny West

Hey, Ginny, welcome! I’m a little north of you in Puyallup.

I used to go to army reserve at Vancouver Barracks back in the 80’s and knew Vancouver quite well. Not so much now…

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Ginny- Welcome to NCT- I am on the West Coast as well.
San Francisco Bay area. I'm on a little vacation from NCT.
I have an in home helper, the state provided me with.
So I don't cook as much as I use too. BUT- I still do
at times. We have a bunch of wonderful people here,
It don't take long to meet most of the Old Timers<
Since I have (K) to do most the cleaning and cooking,
I've been busy working on my Garden.
Welcome to NCT Ginny.