Santa Fe Salad

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Me, too (sans corn). Printed out with a recipe for Creamy Southwest Dressing (there are several, but I liked this one the best).

Lee

Creamy Southwest Dressing https://www.jaroflemons.com/wprm_print/48215

Ingredients​

• 3/4 cup whole milk greek yogurt or light sour cream
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
  • 1 medium lime juiced
  • 2 tsp ancho chili powder
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne optional
  • 1 tsp dried cilantro or 2 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro

Instructions​

• Combine the ingredients in a salad shaker or bowl.
  • Shake or whisk together until smooth.
  • Serve and enjoy!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I remembered that this was the reason I bought the cotija cheese.

I cubed a rotisserie chicken breast and tossed it with some ancho chili powder (I also have chipotle powder, but rarely use it), smoked paprika, and Adobo seasoning. I pretty much followed the rest of the recipe, except for corn, and arranged the salad Cobb-style.

I didn't have yogurt or sour cream, so I use Ken's Lite Ranch dressing as a base for the Creamy Southwest Dressing.

Excellent variation of a dinner salad!

Lee

Salad.jpeg

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made this tonight, with a few tweaks. The jalapeño I had was too hot for Judy, so I skipped it. Added avocado and cilantro with some lime juice. Like Lee, I used precooked chicken and added seasoning. Didn't feel like making dressing tonight, so I bought a bottle of Chipotle ranch (wouldn't do that again). This salad is very adaptable.

20240418_181735.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this tonight, with a few tweaks. The jalapeño I had was too hot for Judy, so I skipped it. Added avocado and cilantro with some lime juice. Like Lee, I used precooked chicken and added seasoning. Didn't feel like making dressing tonight, so I bought a bottle of Chipotle ranch (wouldn't do that again). This salad is very adaptable.

View attachment 66239

I still have a good-sized chunk of cotija cheese that I don't know how to use. It's so bland!

Got any ideas?

Lee