The "Breakfast" thread

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Been awhile since anyone posted here. I was up early this morning, so I thought I'd be productive and make some breakfast....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
brekkie was food samples while grocery shopping. their cheese monger got a different type of bresaola in, & gave me a few pieces to test if it met my standards. he put cups of a parmesan/veggie salad together, too, fer customers.
i'm famished, yet, so an almond-milk yogurt i bought should be enough until dinnertime.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Too much bacon....
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif
You're too funny luvs ...
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

We buy a lot of bacon but can't seem to keep enough.

LADawg

Luckytrim, now that is all in my food group. My kinda breakfast for sure. CF

Just saw this quote about food groups today. Sounds good to me......

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
- Alex Levine

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh LT......:ohmy:......that's just BEAUTIFUL!
I had a couple of apples that needed to be used so I made fried apples to go with breakfast this morning.

Attachments

• breakfast07202013.jpg
    breakfast07202013.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 204

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Mama, that makes me want some apples now. And the patties remind me to get a pack of sausage out for tomorrow morning. Made bacon and eggs today with honey wheat toast. Might have to do taters and patties tomorrow.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all! I would have been happy with just dipping the buttered toast in the fried apples. I just made the rest of it to make DH happy :lol:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oh LT......:ohmy:......that's just BEAUTIFUL!
I had a couple of apples that needed to be used so I made fried apples to go with breakfast this morning.
Looks better than Cracker Barrel!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! We didn't have biscuits and gravy though....not that I didn't think about it :wink:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Fried the last pieces of store bought bacon. Then diced up taters and onions and fried them in the bacon grease. And yes, I ate the bacon while the taters were frying.
toothless.gif

Attachments

• taters and bacon 001.jpg
    taters and bacon 001.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 193
  • taters and bacon 002.jpg
    taters and bacon 002.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 197
  • taters and bacon 004.jpg
    taters and bacon 004.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 195
  • taters and bacon 005.jpg
    taters and bacon 005.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 194

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm buying a glazed donut if public transit is running normally (snow has kinda slowed that) & put a pan of bacon on, too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm thinking fried potato, w/ fresh pepper & garlic. i'll see from there.

Embryodad

Eggs sunny side up, is the simplest perfect breakfast for me.
That will surely make my day great.
A "good egg day", is a lot better than having a "bad egg day!"

I had eggs basted in bacon grease the other day. Boy, did I get dirty looks from DW while she lathered butter on her roll. LOL

Embryodad

i'm thinking fried potato, w/ fresh pepper & garlic. i'll see from there.
Ooooo!! Had Joe V's boiled / and then flash fried potatoes with onions yesterday!
Had them with a fried egg cheese and ham on a soft Thomas' bagel that was toasted and buttered. Oodles of black pepper, and a coffee with black pepper.
Wus Good.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
damn. i was thisclose to putting a bag of 'lil bagels in my buggy when i was shoppin'. &&&&&&& buyin' chip-chop ham to frizzle.

i've got scads of cheeses, & fresh pepper abound, here. seems great; yum.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm hankering 4 a glazed donut. i may have to make french toast, tho.

would someone remind me to install my new keyboard, btw....... 15-20 typos into my post, i think it's time.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a few cheese ravioli, lemon-almond chix salad, kale/cranberry/ricotta salata salad, & coleslaw.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have not made oatmeal in awhile. decorated my 1 eye- looks as tho someone punched me (is anemia - so cooking was put aside- i couldn't see too well. maybe i'll see well enough to cook later on. i have nuts & craisins to put into my cereal.

Saliha

My everymorning breakfast: oatmeal porridge with butter, sugar and milk. An orange, sometimes an apple, rye bread with cheese and lettuce.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
healthy food!- a honeycrisp apple & a milk. maybe a yogurt, too, w/ pecan meal fer texture.

Embryodad

Breakfast made a happy face out of me today.
I made the pancake batter from scratch. Buttermilk recipe. They were great; except I should have halved the recipe. I threw out a lot of the batter.

Gee...did I hold the syrup bottle high enough?? I didn't realize Tina would take the picture.

Leni

I go ahead and use up all of the batter and freeze the leftovers. Makes for a quick and easy breakfast later on.