Good Day Everyone!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Today's dilemma is a critter in the attic :shock:. I heard something yesteday evening around 7:30 and then again early this morning around 5:00. My first thought was a snake, but that's probably an irrational thought because I was reading a couple of days ago about snakes coming into your house through the sewer lines (which is probably totally bs) and through the vents in the roof (which could probably happen). I have been tiptoeing around the toilet lately :corny:.

I'm trying to convince myself that it's a bird and will get out the same way that it got in. I also did some reading, and I guess it could also be a bat :eek: . I've got my fingers crossed that it's a bird. What will tomorrow bring???

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I've got my fingers crossed for ya...good luck!

Thank you cooksie.

Today's dilemma is a critter in the attic :shock:. I heard something yesteday evening around 7:30 and then again early this morning around 5:00. My first thought was a snake, but that's probably an irrational thought because I was reading a couple of days ago about snakes coming into your house through the sewer lines (which is probably totally bs) and through the vents in the roof (which could probably happen). I have been tiptoeing around the toilet lately :corny:.

I'm trying to convince myself that it's a bird and will get out the same way that it got in. I also did some reading, and I guess it could also be a bat :eek: . I've got my fingers crossed that it's a bird. What will tomorrow bring???
Good luck. We have had mice - I caught one in one of those Tomcat sticky ant traps, it's tail was really stuck on (man was that mouse cussing me out!! I picked the whole thing up with a LONG pair of tongs and chuked it out the door into the yard. It got caught in the bushes and was hanging there. It was the middle of the night and I guess the cats went mouse fishing because the whole trap was gone the next morning) and the kitty caught 2 (his were dead for heart attacks or broken necks. I was so glad there wasn't any gory scene). And we had a small opposum in the bedroom closet which came in through the water heater closet.

I feel the same way every morning. LOL I am hoping with all the rain and wind expected for the next 2 days that the last roof patch will hold up.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Squirrels are bad about getting in attics too,Cooksie and they can do some major damage.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you cooksie.

Good luck. We have had mice - I caught one in one of those Tomcat sticky ant traps, it's tail was really stuck on (man was that mouse cussing me out!! I picked the whole thing up with a LONG pair of tongs and chuked it out the door into the yard. It got caught in the bushes and was hanging there. It was the middle of the night and I guess the cats went mouse fishing because the whole trap was gone the next morning) and the kitty caught 2 (his were dead for heart attacks or broken necks. I was so glad there wasn't any gory scene). And we had a small opposum in the bedroom closet which came in through the water heater closet.

I feel the same way every morning. LOL I am hoping with all the rain and wind expected for the next 2 days that the last roof patch will hold up.

How are you doing today? Did you find what was making the noise? I am still wishing you good luck and hoping you resolve the problem quickly.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I didn't hear anything yesterday evening or this morning. Maybe it was a bird. The only openings for anything to get in are the turbine-type vents on the roof and the bathroom exhaust fan vents. I think those openings are too small for squirrels, but that thought did cross my mind.

Yikes, Peep, I bet that oppossum in the closet was a trip. I would like to have been a little birdie watching that action :mrgreen:. Good luck with your roof.

Leni

I had one get into my daughters disaster of a room. We had to call animal control to get him out. It was one big male.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I didn't hear anything yesterday evening or this morning. Maybe it was a bird. The only openings for anything to get in are the turbine-type vents on the roof and the bathroom exhaust fan vents. I think those openings are too small for squirrels, but that thought did cross my mind.

Yikes, Peep, I bet that oppossum in the closet was a trip. I would like to have been a little birdie watching that action :mrgreen:. Good luck with your roof.
LOL It wasn't a problem hub chased it out the same way it got in and plugged up the hole. No probs since. We saw it hanging in the trees sometimes. But haven't seen it in awhile.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Opossum_Tail_Hanging_Tree_LineClipart-2sm.gif
Just hangin' out :D:D

Congrats Peep, I see you got the job!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone.

I have been having cable modem and router issues for a couple weeks now. Cable has come out 4X now. New modem and lines still losing internet. My girl is wired to the router and doesn't lose internet as often as I do. I have been on the phone with everyone and still have no clue what the problem is. I am so frustrated!!

Embryodad

Good day everyone.

I have been having cable modem and router issues for a couple weeks now. Cable has come out 4X now. New modem and lines still losing internet. My girl is wired to the router and doesn't lose internet as often as I do. I have been on the phone with everyone and still have no clue what the problem is. I am so frustrated!!
Peep...I know what you are going through!

It seemed like I was the bad guy computer that every time I would be in the middle of something, like here and press Submit Post...the little garsh darn rotating circle would go round and round, and finally the page would come up and say..
Internet connection lost,
( Click to see problems )... and I would click, and microsoft would page up saying..
Check with your administrator yadda yadda yadda, and the under that ( Reset Router and get new I. D. etc)

Well I click the Get new, and it says Repairing (wait) and within 20 seconds it says problem repaired..and I'm good to go till the next BS Crap happens again.

Now..I thought it was the Comcast ISP service I have...well it was not; because Tina's laptop is on the router wireless, and I never lose the other ancient computer in the livingroom.

I pulled my hair out everytime it would happen.

I finally get a thing from Comcast..Free Free..get Comcast Easy Solve.
It said, it solves connection to the internet problems. OK?? So I give it a try. I can always un-install it.
I go through all the yes / accept / rules / license etc stuff, and I download it.

It runs a scan..and wouldn't you know. I get a window drop down that says...Your internet connection through the wireless configurator whatever is not asssigned and not installed properly. Do you want Easy Solve to Repair your Connection Problem? Click for Instant repairs.

What the heck did they think I was gonna say?...No?? So hahaha...I clicked repair NOW!...It did its thing for about 30 seconds, and a new pop open page comes up....
Congratulations...your Internet connection has been repaired.

Peep...I thought it was BS, and they just wanted to sell me the on line service with Microsoft pro's to solve and clean all your problems one on one etc.
But It did something. It has not disconnected me from the internet for around 8 days now. That is when I downloaded the software ES Easy Solve.

I am amazed I don't have that frustrating BS Can't Connect To the Internet pages any more!

My Nephew works with computers at the place that works on the computers on the space ships for the NASA that is closed now, and he said.
There is no such thing that a computer is slow because it is old.
If the paths are clean to think in the computer...it should work as fast as it did when it was new.
Used up memory will slow processes, but they should still find the right path and answer.
He said,"uncle Jimmy, It's like you have a can of wax, and you always put the wax away in the garage on the shelf over the file cabinet. But...There is that one time that you use the wax, and you put the wax back in the shed in the back yard.

The next time you go to get the wax in the garage...you see the wax is not there, and you had forgotten that you put it in the shed last time.
So you see Uncle Jimmy...he said. Now you know you have the wax, but now you start looking for it in all parts of the garage, and as you go to the shed...whoa..there it is and you find it. You always had it, but because the spot was changed that you normally keep it, it then slows you from finding and being able to use the wax.
hahahahaha...isn't that something?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
He said,"uncle Jimmy, It's like you have a can of wax, and you always put the wax away in the garage on the shelf over the file cabinet. But...There is that one time that you use the wax, and you put the wax back in the shed in the back yard.

:biggrin: I've heard that little speech before!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'morning. time to get into uniform 4 school. gettin 2 calls @ once per phone- just got another. ppl making sure i'm not zonked.
time is schooching by so fast. im'ma miss school so much.

Embryodad

'morning. time to get into uniform 4 school. gettin 2 calls @ once per phone- just got another. ppl making sure i'm not zonked.
time is schooching by so fast. im'ma miss school so much.
Now that DD is in school (again)...she is up E A R L Y and calls here or on our cells like 6:30AM... Uh! HELLOOoooooooo I tell her, mom and dad are done with gettin up early, and we are on Metric Time Now! hahahahaha

I could remember us waking HER up for school, and now She is Gonna Wake us up?? ...... I don't think so!.. I'm shuttin the phones off! L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
several years ago, my darling Mom used to call me @ 4:30 each weekday morning to get my hungover self to wake & get myself prepped for the school/workdaze.

Embryodad

several years ago, my darling Mom used to call me @ 4:30 each weekday morning to get my hungover self to wake & get myself prepped for the school/workdaze.
Hungover is a lot better than Hungunder ( Sleeping it off UNDER the Bed)

If I was 1/2 "S-faced"....I would make it on top of the bed.

If I was Fully "S-faced"..... I was on the floor under the bed or under the sky.

hahahahahahaha....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
good morning. yesssss, sweet! buying groceries later~ to mkt. district.:readytoeat: i'll just get sushi or somethin' from 'er 4 a quick meal. realized it's wednesday just now (my new shopping adventure day). office depot soon. i need a nap.

jimmy, i have woken on a dahntahn st., oh man. glad those daze're bygones.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. It is 73F and we have rain in the forecase for 5 of the next 7 days! No wonder I am needing so many aspirins!

I hope I get a call back to work this week.

Embryodad

Good day everyone. It is 73F and we have rain in the forecase for 5 of the next 7 days! No wonder I am needing so many aspirins!

I hope I get a call back to work this week.
I'm poppin pills today too peep! .. headache is lingering, and now a crook in the neck!

I think I need a stiff drink!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
morning! as my dear friend said, 'tomorrow's a new day!' & it's yesterday's tomorrow now. so it's a new day!
so im'ma make it a good one, dammit! (luv u, magz~)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope you get to feeling better Peepers and Jimmy.....luvs, it sounds as though you already have :lol: