dinner monday, 12/6

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We're joining some friends for a mini-potluck and I've agreed to bring chicken chili.

K

Kimchee

Chicken Tikka Masala.... another McCormick Recipe Inspiration card things.
(But I will add a step and marinate my chicken in some yogurt first.)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Chicken Tikka Masala.... another McCormick Recipe Inspiration card things.
(But I will add a step and marinate my chicken in some yogurt first.)
What are the spices? I haven't seen that one yet.
I have tried 3 of the recipes inspirations and enjoyed them.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
would luv polenta & a thickened beef stew, though polenta/mushrooms would be my kinda dinner, too

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tentatively dinner plans:

Shell steaks on sale $3.99 lb. Dinner will be stovetop grilled shell steaks, basmati rice medley, broccoli & mixed tossed salad.

Phiddlechik

took a pound of ground beef out of the freezer (all natural, grass fed, from a rancher that I know). Maybe something simple like meatballs/gravy/potatoes. or maybe a small meatloaf. or just hamburger gravy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not sure now. my girl had her braces tightened today (that was unexpected) so she is not feeling like eating much. I may make lipton chicken noodle soup for dinner.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow:

Attachments

• dinner12062010-1.jpg
    dinner12062010-1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 94

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama, your steak is outstanding. I wish I had it right now!! I'd like to see the inside, but I probably couldn't take it...

lilbopeep said:
my girl had her braces tightened today (that was unexpected) so she is not feeling like eating much.

Oh, I do remember those days (not fondly). DD almost had apoplexy when I suggested that we go get a burger, and we could put hers in the blender. No sense of humor at all!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry, Karen. I probably should have taken a pic of the inside but I was soooo hungry I didn't think about it. I didn't take time for lunch today and it was a long time since breakfast. I was a very nice medium rare, though.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mama, your steak is outstanding. I wish I had it right now!! I'd like to see the inside, but I probably couldn't take it...

Oh, I do remember those days (not fondly). DD almost had apoplexy when I suggested that we go get a burger, and we could put hers in the blender. No sense of humor at all!
LOL I may make steak, rice and salad for the 3 of us. I went to Trader Joe's today shopping. I just remembered - and I don't know why but I saw a can of Joe's O's (TJ's version of Spaghetti O's) and I picked up a can for my daughter (she likes that stuff once in awhile). She can have that for dinner.

I also bought peanut flour and can't wait to try it.

Phiddlechik

I ended up making "meatloaf meatballs" and have them in the slow cooker now. I basically made the meatloaf recipe (except I don't measure anything), on the back of the lipton onion soup box, using oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs. I browned them, and put them in gravy (used half the recipe, so the other half of the packet went into the gravy). Will serve with potatoes and possibly corn.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I ended up making "meatloaf meatballs" and have them in the slow cooker now. I basically made the meatloaf recipe (except I don't measure anything), on the back of the lipton onion soup box, using oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs. I browned them, and put them in gravy (used half the recipe, so the other half of the packet went into the gravy). Will serve with potatoes and possibly corn.
Brown or red gravy? Sounds yummy!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
since I was using the onion soup mix, I made a brown gravy. I think it goes better with potatoes.
Sounds very good. I sometimes make meatloaf meatballs (or burgers) or meatball burgers and simmer in red sauce then serve with green beans and rice. The rice tastes good with the red sauce.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW Phiddle!! That looks so good. I could eat a plate of that easy!! YUMMY!!

Peanut flour? I've never heard of that. What are your plans for using it?
It's high in protein and gluten free. It says its good for thickening soups and gravies, adds great flavor to breads and excellent for coating meats. I think I will add it to the other flours I use and make some dough.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Shell steak grilled on the Cast iron stove-top grill pan, Trader Joe’s Basmati Rice Medley (basmati rice, wild rice, garden herbs & vegetables) – I sautéed some mushrooms in butter than added the rice medley, water and beef bouillon & mixed tossed salad (mixed baby wild greens, butter lettuce, baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, green olives, roasted slivered almonds & grape tomatoes) Dressed with Good Seasons Zesty Italian.

120610_basmati_shell_steak.jpg

120610_shell_steak.jpg

K

Kimchee

Another McCormick Recipe Inspirations Herb Card.... Chicken Tikka Masala.
I made one change and used Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream.
Another thumbs up! This was very close in taste to a jar version we had and liked.
Served it on Basmati rice, with some butter garlic sauteed zucchini and mushrooms.
And a salad.

K

Kimchee

And that's some nice looking steak! Does a stovetop grill create a heap of smoke?