What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

homecook

Re: What are you baking today?

They look great Joe! Hey, I never said they would be easy. lol I'll be making mine tonight or tomorrow........I'll be making the nut filling and strawberry preserves.

And speaking of easy Joe, HUH???? I made potica the other day. Damn.......it was alot easier when I made it with my grandmother. LOL It looks like hell but tastes delicious!!!! I'll be bringing you some to critique.

Last edited:

Deelady

Aylas B-day cupcakes......what a pain in the BUTT!!! lol
I made alot more but only put a couple on the table.

Attachments

• Wedding 130.jpg
    Wedding 130.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 148

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I know this gets boring, but here's another sourdough no-knead I made tonight (1-1/2 X recipe). The dough fermented for 20 hours before baking, and I must say it is delicious with a little butter! Very soft crumb.

P1020317.jpg

P1020319.jpg

P1020320.jpg

Deelady

I doubt anyone could possibly get bored of those Joe!! Looks great as do the pastries!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I forgot to post these "beauty shots" from Saturday. The low angle of the winter sun give some interesting effects.

Seeded Rye bread

P1020307.jpg

Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread topped with Oatmeal

P1020308.jpg

Seeded Rye Bread ready to be bagged.

P1020309.jpg

suziquzie

I just made cupcakes for my little one's 3 rd Birthday........OMG I will never frost another cupcake again in my LIFE!!! :bonk: to get the frosting to stay on and not crumble apart....was more work than Thanksgiving Dinner!!! Oy Vey!!

Let me know how you like the muffins Suz!! I just realized I willhave to buy more muffin liners to make those soon!

OH are they ever good! I got 14 from the batter... the kids got to them.... I have 6 left :D

I didn't use paper cups the kids make such a mess with 'em..... they worked really well just greasing the muffin pan w/ pam.

Deelady

Oh good to know since I was feeling a bit lazy about going to the store just for muffin liners!! and my bananas are ripe for baking!

Did you add walnuts or pecans?? Hey wheres your pic?? :D

suziquzie

nope, no nuts, nobody but me in this house likes them baked into anything.
knuckleheads.
I'd put up a pic but my computer doesnt want to see my camera lately.... maybe I'l put it on FB from my phone......

Deelady

thats why I added walnuts to just part of the batch!! I got what I wanted and they got what they wanted!!! :D You should try them with nuts next time....soooo yummy!!!

suziquzie

Wellll today got all messed up I was going to start some kolachky dough, make my lemon nutmeg meltaway cookies, plus french bread for dinner w/ lasagna.

Lost husband trouble this morning, car trouble later..... then fixing my messed up plow job on the driveway......

Long story short I just put some bread in the oven, lasagna is next, then I will be planting myself on the couch with some knitting needles.

GotGarlic

On this cold, windy day, I'm making pfeffernusse cookies, Russian tea cakes and Christmas biscotti. Gotta keep the house warm! :wink:

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter

I posted the whole loaf pics in another thread, no sense reproducing them here, but here are the "crumb" shots :)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Deelady

Mmmm now those are some Crummy shots!!! NOT! I can just taste that sandwich! Yum!

GrantsKat

I just started a batch of pecan/butterscotch cookies, they smell yummy! I'll take pics when they are all finished.:wink:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Basic Italian bread for some customers as Christmas gifts.

P1020334.jpg

P1020335.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

I'm making the profiterole for the croquembouche and also the pannetones. I'm making the strufoli as well, but that's not really baking, that's frying.

Pictures are coming!

suziquzie

I'm going to make my dinner rolls today, and I think some french bread for stuffed French Toast Christmas morning.

Deelady

Today I'll be finishing the sugar cookies and will probably do the snickerdoodles.....

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Cooking chocolate chip cookies and macadamia nut cookies.

Ohhhhhhh snickerdoodles!!!!!

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter

Just finished shaping 60 loaves of bread and placed them in bannetons for baking tomorrow... Quite exhausted. I did get a few pics I'll try to post tomorrow.

Deelady

Well I made SOME of the sugar cookies...the rest are in the freezer, and we also made the snickerdoodles. I loved seeing Ayla take such a joy in baking with me yet at the same time take it so serriously :D I think she's really going to be quite the little cook when she's bigger :clap:

Umm don't mind her hair....:unsure::lol:

Attachments

• Wedding 209.jpg
    Wedding 209.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Wedding 215.jpg
    Wedding 215.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Wedding 212.jpg
    Wedding 212.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Wedding 214.jpg
    Wedding 214.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Wedding 218.jpg
    Wedding 218.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 171

homecook

Dee, she is so adorable!!!! I just want to squeeze her to pieces. lol

I'm glad you were able to salvage some of the cookies............

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

If you have any trouble 'cleaning up' the snickerdoodles just let me know, I will be happy to make em go away!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Very cute!:applause: It's 0530 and the Doughy Joey's Bakery has just gone into Christmas production. The first of 5 batches of bread is in the mixer.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter

Well, let the baking begin. The first 12 loaves are in. Here's some pics from last night.

5 batches @ 25 pounds each:
web.jpg

Folding the dough:
web.jpg

scaling the dough and shaping into boules:
web.jpg

Prepping the bannetons:
web.jpg

All my little children put to bed for the night:
web.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Warren, you get the award for OCD with dough.:lol::yum: Of course, you know I would be right there with you if I could. The place has to smell magnificent, and the WFO has to be happy happy.:lol: Your friends are very fortunate that you have such a bad Jones.

Here's my insignificant contribution to the baking thread for Christmas Eve...

Had the mixer going at 0530 today, and by 0930 it was all done. Now it needs to cool for a couple hours before cutting the loaves. The cornbread was made because we are all out of sandwich bread and rolls. It turned out to be a big breakfast hit with eggs, butter and honey.

Two of the slender loaves of Italian will be split tomorrow and turned into garlic bread to go with the Chicken Parm & S'getti. I made white & Honey Whole Wheat rolls for tonight's pulled pork sammies.

P1020343.jpg

P1020345.jpg

suziquzie

Didnt bake yesterday..... cleaned. So....
Doughs are rising for French Bread and dinner rolls...... about to mix up my French silk pie filling soon as my chocolate cools.
:)

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter

Joe, that's no small undertaking you've got going there :) I love making rolls, especially Kaiser, but I cringe at all the shaping that has to be done. So much easier to make one big loaf than 10 rolls.... but I love them!

Mr. Green Jeans

Got the sponge going for a whole wheat baguette which we'll have with lentil & sausage soup for dinner. Then made a batch of Sass' addictive cheese balls which we'll take over to our neighbors this afternoon. And for Christmas breakfast, my homemade raisins and chopped dried fruit are soaking in brandy for the whole wheat stollen muffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.